Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SP 250 chord dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curt66

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: SP 250 chord dead Reply with quote

hey all...i recently picked up an sp250 whrere the F augmented key is dead...all octaves...i have a schematic and a tester...is this a common thing? my plan is to trace the three keys and find their common to all octaves and hope to find something...??

cheers

curtis
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean the F sharp key doesn't work across all octaves, or an F augmented chord doesn't sound? Mention of the "three keys" threw me, since the SP250 spans 7 octaves, plus a bit.

If it's the same key that's not working across all octaves, then could be one of the multiway connections between keyboard and main board. A "wiggle" of the connectors sometimes sorts out this kind of problem. It's not a common issue, but has been mentioned on other types of keyboard.
curt66

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: delayed answer Reply with quote

...sorry for the delay...The three keys that make the F augmented chord do not sound in any octave. i've got it mostly apart but am having an issue getting the keys out of the housing. What is happening is that when i turned it on, the F aug chord was very loud...after ten minutes all was normal...another ten minutes it went dead. I'll get in there an try wiggling things.

thank you for the reply...

best

curtis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pianos (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: