Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg MS20mini patchbay

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ics

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject: Korg MS20mini patchbay Reply with quote

Hello awsome people! Since i was about to sell my ms20 mini for not using it, i decided to give it another chance, mainly because it is after all an iconic piece of gear and because i don't have many options of replacement in this price range. And i love it. But i have a silly question: can i damage the unit by inserting patchcables in a random manner? The point is i want to create "random" sounds by inserting patch cables and messing with envelopes and basically all the knobs, and then hear the result Smile. In this way i can overcome my own limitations in signal path management.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most interconnections on the patch panel shouldn't cause any issues. You might not get any sound from some combinations of patch cables, but that should be worst thing that can happen. The only exception I can see, from the schematic of the original MS-20, is shorting the output from the modulation wheel, e.g. by not inserting a cable properly, and operating the modulation wheel to close to the ends of its travel. This could lead to the modulation wheel potentiometer track being burnt out by too much current flowing through it into the short.

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: