Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Libraries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UCG Musician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Loading Libraries Reply with quote

I bought 3 sets of libraries and due to my lack of understanding on how to install them I had a lot of trouble. Eventually I successfully installed Korg EXS-20 Grand Concert Organ in USER-GG where I wanted it (not where it was "supposed to" go). I also installed KARO EXS-50 and -51 but don't have an open bank for -52. EXS-50 and -51 took up USER-G and USER-AA through -FF.

I saved this set of programs on the instrument, on a flash drive, in the SoundQuest Kronos Editor default folder and in the folder where Cakewalk looks for instrument definition files. (I found out through trial and error that importing an ins file and defining an instrument in Cakewalk can be very confusing.)

Now I want to install the third library -- the KAPro EXS-260 to -263 -- and save the new set of programs in a different PCG file. But considering how much time and effort it took me to install the libraries mentioned above, I am very reluctant to do this unless I have a better understanding on how to do it efficiently so it doesn't take days of effort to get it to work properly.

That being said, the thorniest issues I faced so far are as follows:

1.) Installing libraries in banks other than where the manufacturer suggests.

2.) Loading samples automatically. I set all the KSC files for the Korg and KARO libraries to auto-load, along with the PRELOAD.KSC file. But upon restart, I get an error message that there isn't enough memory for all the samples and the one that doesn't load is the PRELOAD file. Also, even though the samples are supposed to be loaded, a lot of the programs still say "samples not loaded". I have to go through almost every program to load all the required samples and even that doesn't entirely work.

3.) Saving a set of programs in a PCG file and trying to work with it in Kronos Editor, PCG Tools and/or Tidy Kronos. I haven't determined which application is most useful for managing library sets and the only one that seems to be able to create an ins file is the Kronos Editor.

4.) Efficiently importing an ins file into Cakewalk and defining the banks in a better way than through trial and error.

To those of you with lots of experience working with libraries, what are your tips/techniques for installing programs, loading samples and saving that set of programs expeditiously? I really need a way to manage this in less time than I've been spending so far!

Thank you,
UCG Musician
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no expert. However, I have recently managed to work my way through many of your issues. For Item 1, I respectfully suggest you check out the Qui Robinez Tutorial 20 if you have not already done so. Check about 10:00 for loading to a bank of your choice.

http://www.quirobinez.nl/korg-kronos-tutorials/

There are other tutorials out there also.

Item 2 - My guess is you have more samples than memory will allow. You will probably have to make some choices as to what gets (pre)loaded. I doubt you will have room for all the programs either.

Items 3 & 4 - I like the Kronos Editor. To my knowledge, it's the only one of the programs you mentioned that will create and ins file for Cakewalk.

Lots of very knowledgeable people on the forum. I'm someone will have more useful info for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: