Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg nanoKontrol2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
awnashed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Korg nanoKontrol2 Reply with quote

Can I control the volume of each voice in the combi using the external MIDI controller like nanoKontrol2?

I want to make sure before I buy Korg nanoKontrol2,

Does anyone knows?

Thanks
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The short answer: nope.

I don't own a nanoKontrol2, so I can't tell it for sure, but at a first glance, all sliders/knobs send on the same MIDI channel. For the Kross this corresponds to only 1 voice.

Next to that, the nanoKontrol2 has no MIDI DIN interface. You need in that case a computer between the Kross and the nanoKontrol and some software to wire through the MIDI events. So only controling one voice is also not straight out of the box. Using a computer in between and other additional software, the PC could convert the incoming MIDI events and map them over different MIDI channels again to control each voice, but this yet extra complexity to set it up.

Have fun.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want is the Behringer BCR2000.

Not too expensive, a big box-o'-knobs, very nice routing options on its MIDI and USB ports, and you can set the knobs to whatever you want.
awnashed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
What you want is the Behringer BCR2000.

Not too expensive, a big box-o'-knobs, very nice routing options on its MIDI and USB ports, and you can set the knobs to whatever you want.

Does that mean if I get BCR2000 I should be able to control 16 timbres volumes and mute, solo from rotary encoders and buttons?

Another question, does BCR2000 support send/receive Sysex messages.

Does Behringer BCF2000 do the same job? As there is used one for sale on eBay now that I can grab.

Thanks
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the BCR2000 will handle volumes, mutes, panning - all that good stuff. I believe that it handles Sysex up to a point, but it may be more fiddly to implement (never tried myself).

The BCF2000 has faders, but fewer net controls. They basically do the same thing, but if you want all sixteen timbres at your fingertips at all times, the BCR2000 is the right choice.
awnashed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Yes, the BCR2000 will handle volumes, mutes, panning - all that good stuff. I believe that it handles Sysex up to a point, but it may be more fiddly to implement (never tried myself).

The BCF2000 has faders, but fewer net controls. They basically do the same thing, but if you want all sixteen timbres at your fingertips at all times, the BCR2000 is the right choice.

Many thanks Smile
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a look at the BCR2000 manual, and for me it is not clear whether SysEx control messages are supported.

The device supports SysEx for backing up the configuration of the controllers.
Tybarks13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread folks! Let’s me know I’m not the only one wanting to do this.

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around this. I have a Korg Kross 2 and just got the BCF2000. Ive set it in S4 mode and have midi running in and out. I’m trying to control different timbres within a single Combi. I’ve tried the learn function to no success and the edit mode, set to CC:7 for volume control and each timber set to a different midi channel. What am I doing wrong?!? Is it a preset from the last owner of the BCF2000?
Tybarks13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread folks! Let’s me know I’m not the only one wanting to do this.

I’ve been trying to wrap my head around this. I have a Korg Kross 2 and just got the BCF2000. Ive set it in S4 mode and have midi running in and out. I’m trying to control different timbres within a single Combi. I’ve tried the learn function to no success and the edit mode, set to CC:7 for volume control and each timber set to a different midi channel. What am I doing wrong?!? Is it a preset from the last owner of the BCF2000?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curiously, none of the examples in the BCF2000 manual indicate MIDI being routed to an instrument, such as a keyboard.

Has the Status for each timbre in the Combi been set to INT?

Tybarks13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default, they are in INT for each timbre. Thats something i was confused about if they should be sent to EXT but when i do that its not recognized any where. It is strange thats theres no direction of the BCF2000 to an instrument, but many people have seemed to make it work. SEND HELP PLEASE!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: