Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M1 LC - Any Tutorials Please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korg-user

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:15 pm    Post subject: Korg M1 LC - Any Tutorials Please? Reply with quote

I am new to synthesizers and would like to learn about sound creation on the M1 software. I have read the user manual but it fails to explain the meaning of the parameter titles Osc, VDA, VDF, EG INT... and the likes and how to use them.

Can someone points me to some beginners, step-by-step tutorials please?
I have searched on YouTube but can't find any there.

Thank you in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each Program can have one or two Osc, or oscillators, as the basic sound sources. One or two Osc are used in Single or Double mode, respectively. There are numerous multisamples to choose from as the basic sounds. Try loading a Program and changing the Osc, and see how the sound changes. The Osc output is then subjected to filtering and amplitude variations over time, and followed by effects, in order to produce the final sound. VDF is a Variable Digital Filter, variable over amount and time, and VDA is Variable Digital Amplifier (i.e. ADSR [Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release in synth speak]). EG INT is Effects Group Intensity, which specifies by how much an effects group affects the sound. If EG INT is set to 0, then the effects group have no effect, +99 is maximum effects group effect, positive, and -99 is maximum effects groupe effect, negative.

Since the M1 in the KLC is a faithful recreation of the original M1, the manuals for the original M1 are very much relevant, as far as the sound generation and modification capabilities go. Have a look at the resources here:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/1/139/

In particular, the M1 Original Owner's Manual, and the M1 Super Guide. These documents cover the internal sound-generating structure of the M1, AI Synthesis, and the Sound Making Process.

Other resources include:

https://gizmodo.com/a-beginners-guide-to-the-synth-1736978695

And the M1 Software Synthesizer Manual at:

http://www.korguser.net/m1le/download/ - there is some overlap here with the materials in the other links, but that's no bad thing.

Korg-user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank you so much for explaining the above and for the links, I will be checking them out. Why can't Korg simply include this information with the installation is beyond comprehension. This is also true for other companies. They assume everyone have this knowledge from the start.

YouTube video tutorials would speed up learning and likely to boost profits too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: