Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos combis not sounding right
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
choton91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Current OS is 3.1.3.. can i load below factory sounds? it's kronos x factory sounds v2.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/79/3039/
Sweat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this can be loaded on your kronos with OS 3.1.3. However as before, you should still select NO if prompted to remap during the installation. The link you mention was for a special update of the original factory preload CX3 programs, that is all. They are still in the older original order.

To make things confusing, Korg even named it PRELOAD_V2, although it has the original order. Again, only CX3 programs in banks I-A and U-C were updated to take advantage of new amp and rotary effects introduced in OS 2.1 back in 2013. Other banks and all other data is included, but remains the same;

After the New Kronos was released in 2014 with a "new order" of programs, the kronos community began calling it version 2. The updated CX3 patches remain but '_V2' was dropped and it is named PRELOAD again. It is technically the third version that has been made available.

As far as I know, a preload.pcg with the "new order" is only available with a new Kronos2 or in the "New KRONOS Sound Pack".
Although the manuals are available online that show the voice name list (VNL) of the new order.

Using PCGTools or Kronos Editor you can reorder your older factory programs accordingly, but I have found that there is really no advantage to that, as you do not gain any extra sounds just by doing that. However, if you have several Combis that were created on a new Kronos that you want to load on your older K, I can see the advantage.

Just know that selecting YES to the remap question does not re-order any programs to new locations.

Last edited by Sweat on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
choton91

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot sweat for your kind reply.. It clears everything .. btw I just copied the preload from dvd and with no to remap.. I found out there's still some messy user combi.. As KK said, just got rid of those messy user combis.. Now KX is in quite factory condition. Thanks to guys , I've learnt a lot these days..
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I forgot to mention that any loading of a "whole" PCG file (that is when you don't load it partly like only a few of its individual programs) can only replace Kronos stuff with what it contains, even if you select All to PCG contents on the Load screen in Disk mode. For example, a PCG file like the Kronos X factory one which doesn't include U banks can't overwrite user custom U banks on your Kronos. This can be confusing at first, because you would expect the All option selected for PCG contents to overwrite everything on the Kronos, but it actually is limited to the banks contained in the PCG file you load. Hope this makes sense. Cool

That's why freeware like PCG Tools and Tidy Kronos are really helpful as you can see the complete file contents with them.

Another example for this is the JR Lead PCG you recently created in another topic here. Anyone who loads it as a "whole" (again, not partly by selecting its individual parts) will only overwrite the banks it contains on his/her Kronos, so in this case only the U-GG bank for the programs, etc.

Wacky

Don't worry if it is confusing at first.

Beer Beer Beer
joemusik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Has Anyone Come From A Kurzweil to Korg I need help please Reply with quote

Hi Everyone I am making myself crazy, I am a Kurzweil guy its all Ive owned but there is something about the Kronos 2 that is making me want to buy one. I have one on hold but have not bought it yet , The Kurzweil is easy for me and I have a dear friend that works for Kurzweil so answers come easy and fast keeping me out of trouble , the Krog seems so hard to get around and I am just not really good with this stuff , I love the Kurzweil sounds so I am not really buying the Korg for its great sounds, I really like all the drum patterns in the Korg it seems like a lot of fun. I want to put some head phones on late at night play my Korg to some beats, Can you just pick a drum track and play along live? I know this may seem like a simple question , for 3 days it is all I have done is read about the Krog its seems great and I am excited to add it to my Kurzweil K2600 Kurzweil Forte and my Roland Fantom , honestly I am not crazy about the Roland , any thoughts? has anyone come from using a Kurzweil then to Korg I would love any input Thank you Joe
choton91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI KK,

Thanks man.. Ya i got your point. I was about to clean those initbank with pcg tools but it's too many and got tired of it.. so i left the thing as it was. now this PCG thing is crystal clear to me, i can arrange stuffs better now.

Thanks to you guys. stay safe, cheers!
choton91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hei Joe, i saw your individual topic on the forum.

I still have my kurzweil and bought kronos.. now i feel like i'm having the best setup ever.. K2600x and Kronos 61.. I've patched these two beasts together though midi .. so basically i'm using kurzweil keybed to play kronos. this way i'm having 88keys range.. If thing goes right, keep kurz and add a kronos.. you won't regret for sure
joemusik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: I bought Korg Kronos today It shipped Reply with quote

I am pretty excited , I am hoping for some help from you guys to learn this monster, Thank you all for your input so far.

Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: