Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microStation Editor plugin question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
staikov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:23 am    Post subject: microStation Editor plugin question Reply with quote

When I open the plugin in a host DAW (no matter which one), it won't find the microStation hardware unless I configure the DAW to NOT USE the microStation MIDI driver. This looks to me like complete non-sense... This is on Windows 10. The standalone editor works fine. Well, when stand alone... It looks like the KORG MIDI driver cannot be shared.
Any one solved this? I am using a funny workaround with using both USB and 5-pin MIDI ports and run the standalone editor along the DAW.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: microStation Editor plugin question Reply with quote

And what DAW do you use? I had a problem with Ableton Live 7. There I preferred to use an external instrument. I could also control a lot of parameters there like in the editor. Now I use Reason 11 and there the Microstation editor doesn't work because it's not VST 3.
staikov

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: microStation Editor plugin question Reply with quote

arpegiator1 wrote:
And what DAW do you use? I had a problem with Ableton Live 7. There I preferred to use an external instrument. I could also control a lot of parameters there like in the editor. Now I use Reason 11 and there the Microstation editor doesn't work because it's not VST 3.

Thank you for the answer. I tried Cubase and Reaper - I don't think it is a DAW specific problem.
arpegiator1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: microStation Editor plugin question Reply with quote

I thought I wouldn't write anything anymore, but it happened to me that the editor also stopped working for me. I solved it. And it helped me uninstall USB Korg midi driver and device. And reinstall. The new driver for win 10 is only from January 2020. So probably some update WIN 10 hurt him and they had to release a new update. Maybe it will help ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: