Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with my new AW-OTG-Poly tuner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clumish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Trouble with my new AW-OTG-Poly tuner Reply with quote

Hi guys,

No one else online seems to be having the same issue as me, so I thought what better place to check than here.

I recently purchased the Korg AW-OTG-Poly tuner. I was pretty excited to get my hands on it as there only seems to be one other polyphonic acoustic tuner on the market (the TC Polytune Clip) and it's been sold out everywhere for ages.

The problem is, I'm not sure mine is working properly. When I attempt to tune all six strings at once with it, the display kind of hops all over the place. Rather than presenting me with one image of six strings, gradually moving in and out of tune as I turn the pegs, it instead has individual strings popping up here and there, removing the feedback from the other ones.

I've essentially been reduced to using it like a monochromatic tuner, which is obviously disappointing and renders the whole thing redundant.

Has anyone else come across this issue before? Any advice? It's attached securely to my acoustic's headstock and it's set to standard tuning at 440hz - there's not much else to mess around with other than that.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tuner needs a clean audio signal to pick up from the headstock, or wherever it is mounted, so if there are loose strings rattling against the headstock, or other sources of noise e.g. creaks in the wood, or loud external noise levels, then it will struggle in poly mode. Try and get an ear onto to the headstock to hear what the tuner is hearing.

Clumish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The tuner needs a clean audio signal to pick up from the headstock, or wherever it is mounted, so if there are loose strings rattling against the headstock, or other sources of noise e.g. creaks in the wood, or loud external noise levels, then it will struggle in poly mode. Try and get an ear onto to the headstock to hear what the tuner is hearing.

Thanks for the advice voip - sadly, I've tried that and it sounds clear as day to me. The tuner simply doesn't want to behave properly.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other things left to check are, does anything obviously rattle inside the tuner, like a loose component or screw, and does the issue happen at another location i.e. is there some sort of interference getting into the tuner. Not so easy if you're under lockdown, I know.

If neither of the above is true, then it suggests there is some other issue, likely to be with the tuner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: