Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mic stopped working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayLou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Mic stopped working Reply with quote

Recently changed from XLR cable to quarter inch for the mic cable. Yesterday the mic just stopped working. Messing with the volume knob on the back of the keyboard seemed to work on and off. Changed cable to XLR. Problem persisted. Went to Phantom power with other mic and it works for now. Any thoughts?
Thanks
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

Mine stopped working it was the volume nob on the back where you plugged Mike in ochtrup the PA apart tookk out the soundboard it was 3 wires on the volume nob I shorted them across then it worked but I had full volume no way to control it then I ordered a volume nob from somebody in Texas it was $7 sodar today in works fine

I do not know if that's your problem though but that's what happened to me
JayLou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Worked today and when I came home I plugged my SM58 mic with the xlr cable and it is now working?? Whatever is happening appears to be intermittent.
JayLou

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appear to be getting a low level shock from touching the back of the keyboard and when touching the mic. Stopped working today with the condenser mic and phantom power on today. Looks like i'm gonna need service
JayLou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read in a post that the volume nob at the back of the keyboard could be the issue. The part was around 6 dollars US plus shipping cost was about 15 Canadian. Potentiometer, for PA3X Mic In (Part #1399) I held onto the part while I tried different things. Unplugging and plugging back in seemed to work but then would drop out again. Using phantom power with condenser mic seemed to work but the problem would return. Reloaded all software didn't fix the issue. Tried all the mic settings as well. Found a guy on line would advertised micro soldering. I removed the board and took it to him. Had it soldered for 25$. Costed me 50$ and problem is now resolved.

here the web page where you can order the part
https://syntaur.com/korg_pa.html

Thank you Duby2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: