Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing Volcas with E2 pads?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VPM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: Playing Volcas with E2 pads? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm relatively new with with this stuff, been playing blues on the porch drunk for the last 20 years, so...

Can I play Volca FM or Keys with E2 (grey) pads? I've only managed to set them on the same midi channel, but then I don't know what to do. Something else in the global settings?

I'm using regular midi cable. I read about RK-002, but didn't understand a word.

I've managed to get signal (and filter, fx...) the FM through E2 audio in, but I'd love to play with the bigger pads and tweek the knobs too. Should I just forget it and buy Keystep or something?
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to change the midi channels on the Volcas. Set one the channel 1 and the other to 2. Then you would have to get a midi splitter if you want them both connected at the same time.

As far as using the e2 knobs to control the Volcas, you have two options. The first is what you mentioned - route the audio from the Volca into the audio in jack, and then you can use the e2’s filters and effects on the Volca. The second option is to use CC to control parameters on the Volcas with the e2 knobs. You do not need to route the Volca into the e2, but you will need to consult the midi implementation charts for both devices to see what controls what. I’ve not tried this with the e2, but I have used the Minilogue to control the Volca FM parameters.
cocobill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i have E2 and volca bass.. I have the same question.

I connect these 2 with midi cable.. electribe midi out to volca bass midi in.

I adjust the midi channel of volca and electribe to be the same but electribe's pads does not triggerign volca bass

is there any other configuration i have to do?

thanks Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: