Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA500 major fault!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K W Austin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Korg PA500 major fault! Reply with quote

I am the proud owner of a Korg PA500, but recently the instrument has presented some bizarre faults. At random, without any reason, the panel LEDs start flickering and then the highest note plays at full velocity all by itself. Sometimes it behaves itself for a long time, then other times it will do it repeatedly. I use this as my main keyboard for concerts, so needless to say this is both frustrating and alarming.

The other problem is that the bender bends notes once only when moved in the Y direction (up and down), and the X direction, which is supposed to bend notes, does nothing at all. I've had the bender assembly apart several times, checked the wiring, and sprayed contact cleaner into the pots. The connectors are correctly connected and properly seated in their sockets on the CB.

Any help would be gratefully received!
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Korg PA500 major fault! Reply with quote

Sounds to me as if the PSU is going to make some troubles...
K W Austin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, now I have a new problem. Really sorry to bug you people about this, but I need help! Somebody recommended I reset the NNAND - and now I have no OS in my Korg PA500. I've tried to load a downloaded OS via SD card, but I get ERROR Loading OS Package! Prowling the forum here, it seems I need to format the SD card on the PA500, not the computer - but I cannot do any formatting on the PA500 because there is no OS.

Any suggestions? Smile
K W Austin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone posted me an email with the correct instructions - thanks, I now have OS installed in my Korg PA500! Unfortunately stupid Outlook lost my emails and I cannot recover them, so I cannot find who it was so I can thank him.

Now - I need to reinstall the voices and styles I originally had, but the only ones available for download off the internet are oddball things like Indian or Oriental. I need the original voices and styles if possible.

Any help? Many thanks!
K W Austin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Found the requisite resource file (I think), now I get "OS Backup Failed - Not Enough Space!" error. Any help much appreciated. Thanks!
K W Austin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help with my OS installation? The PA500 tells me I don't have enough memory space. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: