Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question related to a synth purchase

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Question related to a synth purchase Reply with quote

Hi all,
Last september I purchased a Deepmind 12. I was told the next shipment arriving in Canada was December 2019, 3 months later. Sales person tried to sell me a demo but I refused. Coming december, I get a call, my unit is in. Picked up the box, paid the remaining balance, and left the store.

I was looking at the back of the unit last week and noticed the production date is MAY2017.

Is it possible, or, I got screwed and I was sold a "well repacked" demo?

Thanks for your opinion
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things Behringer are good at is keeping their prices low for the quality level of the product. The only way to do this is is to produce in volume. It may well be that Behringer's Deepmind hardware was produced in a very large batch in May 2017, when the Deepmind first came out, but commissioned, final-tested, and shipped in smaller quantities.

A demo unit will always show some signs of wear and tear when looked at closely e.g. shinyness to the knobs, fine scratches on the keys, dust in the nooks and crannies, and such like. If yours has none of these, then consider it to be a new item.
StolenToast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you would definitely know if it was a demo piece. I've only seen two demo DM12s in stores but both of them looked more worn out than the rest of the items on display, little more scratched paint and even missing controls. Obviously that's just anecdote, but I think that if it all looks sparkly new then it most likely is.

Hope you like it, I almost got one but then I heard a Monologue in the store and it just hooked me.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the opinion guys!

The unit is pristine. That's the first thing I looked for, dust in the nooks and crannies. Not a single micro scratch either. I was convinced it was a new unit, until I saw the date.

StolenToast: Yes I really like it. The editor is a bit buggy on Win10 but the sound is really stunning. There's nothing like analog.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the Pristine condition being a telltale sign a new boxed instrument will have that "Brand New Smell"or factory odour,its more prevelant when the components/PSU get warm and burn in.

Anyone who's owned enough new instruments will tell you what I'm talking about!

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: