Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M3 as Controller for Logic Pro X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Korg M3 as Controller for Logic Pro X Reply with quote

The keyboard and pitch bend work wonderfully via MIDI in, but not much else. I do not get any response from Logic when I use the sliders. I would like to set it up so that the sliders output CC 74, CC 71, etc. I would also like to set it up so the ribbon controller and after touch can influence a synth I'm playing in LPX.

I'm confused as to why the keyboard and pitch bend always work, but I can't get any response when I use these other assignables. I hope it is a setting in Global. I tried going to Global >MIDI, and set slider 1 to output CC 74, but still no response in Logic. While any given VST may not respond until I program it to, Logic should show MIDI data in, as should my interface. It doesn't seem to be happening. Thank you so much for any thoughts or suggestions.
PlasticLoveDoll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, I don't care about the M3 for transport control. I prefer to do all of that from the computer keyboard. I just want to make synth leads and bass sounds and pads more expressive.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg M3 as Controller for Logic Pro X Reply with quote

PlasticLoveDoll wrote:
The keyboard and pitch bend work wonderfully via MIDI in, but not much else. I do not get any response from Logic when I use the sliders. I would like to set it up so that the sliders output CC 74, CC 71, etc. I would also like to set it up so the ribbon controller and after touch can influence a synth I'm playing in LPX.

I'm confused as to why the keyboard and pitch bend always work, but I can't get any response when I use these other assignables. I hope it is a setting in Global. I tried going to Global >MIDI, and set slider 1 to output CC 74, but still no response in Logic. While any given VST may not respond until I program it to, Logic should show MIDI data in, as should my interface. It doesn't seem to be happening. Thank you so much for any thoughts or suggestions.

It could be a global setting. Have a look at the Global P1: MIDI Routing screen and ensure that the "Enable Control Change" is checked.

Global > "PAGE SELECT" button on panel > P1 MIDI > "MIDI Routing" tab.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: