Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue XD: Arpeggio triggered from Ableton timing issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legovogel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject: Minilogue XD: Arpeggio triggered from Ableton timing issues Reply with quote

Hi,

I have ableton simply trigger an arpeggio on the Minilogue XD. But I notice that it is not really in sync. Also each time I play ableton it can slightly differ if it starts straight on the beat or a little after. Also it does not consistently start at the same note, even though it is the same midi clip that starts it.

I have the global Clock source on Auto (USB) and both ableton and the minilogue on the same tempo. I have the feeling that receiving the clock information from Ableton makes the minilogue have to think a bit which makes it stumble on the start (even when I have both on the same tempo). Also interesting, if you start your internal clock on a different BPM, then you really hear the arpeggio start too slow and then catch up to the Ableton clock.

If I have the global setting of the Minilogue on "internal" and match the clock for each preset, then it is less of a problem. But for a lot of other reasons I would like my Minilogue's global clock source to be auto (USB).

And insights ? As it stands, having an external source dictating the Minilogue clock kills the possibility to have it trigger an arpeggio. And both are quite important features i.m.o.

Hope there is some solution!
legovogel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: not syncing to the minilogue from ableton is also not really an option, because then the arpeggio is a little behind the beat, which cannot be compensated in any way with a sync delay...
Denitus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have the same problem. If I try and use the arp in with Minilogue XD synced to ableton it won't be in sync. It also drifts if I start playing from different positions.

The same problem is also present in the XD's sequencer. I've contacted the Korg support about 6 months ago and I still haven't received a reply. Arp and sequencer are currently useless in Ableton. A shame really Sad

Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: