Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding new samples and multisamples to existing KSC files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
krslae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Adding new samples and multisamples to existing KSC files Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have been using a Kronos (original) 88 key since 2013 and I finally purchased a K2 61 key that I plan on using for rehearsals and some gigs instead of lugging the 88 key around. I plan on moving some combis, programs and other sampling data to the K2, so I think this is a good opportunity for me to tidy up custom directories and do various tasks properly.

One thing I have been doing a lot on the K1 88 key is loading user samples and triggering these samples via programs (Sampling Mode --> Convert MS to program). For each multisample I've created and converted into a program I have corresponding sets of .KSC and UserBank.KSC files. I know these are library files and that it is unnecessary to have a library file for each multisample, so what I would like to do is have one library file for each project. This way it's easier to switch load different samples for different gigs, so instead of manually loading 100 KSC files each time I play a Pink Floyd tribute show, I would only have to load one file (e.g. PinkFloydSamples.KSC) with all the samples and multisamples contained in this file.

I have now run into issues when attempting to add samples to an already existing KSC file. Starting from scratch I have done the following:

1) Clearing RAM by unchecking PRELOAD.KSC (i.e. unloading all KSC files and pressing "Do Auto-Load Now")
2) Loading WAVE files from disk, assigning and setting up samples in Sampling Mode
3) Saving sampling data and ticking off "Force new UserSample Bank ID"
4) Converting to program ("Convert MS to Program")
5) Adding the newly saved NEWNAME_UserBank.KSC to pre-load in Global Mode and pressing "Do Auto-Load Now".

This works. But if I later want to add new samples and multisamples (and thus creating new programs) to "NEWNAME_UserBank.KSC", how would I do this? If I clear RAM (like earlier), loading this library and adding new samples, only the latest changes seems to be loading, and the samples I initially added (steps 1-5 above) will not load. Also, I'm not sure I fully understand the difference between "NEWNAME.KSC" and "NEWNAME_UserBank.KSC" and when to use what.

I hope this all makes sense. Thanks! Very Happy
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

For your questions, read Operation Guide pages 171 to 173. It's all there and those examples were given by Dan from Korg.

It's also in this great conversation below (which I keep in my bookmarks) :

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=93039&start=3&sid=65450c1851bc0da26a560b2532ddefd4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: