Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Load - any way to Replace rather than Append?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Sample Load - any way to Replace rather than Append? Reply with quote

I'm creating a new multisample with 10 samples.
I've transferred the 10 samples to the Kronos by FTP, and load them into memory from Disk / Load.

The 10 stereo samples end up in Multisample Index 00-19.
I assign the samples to keys in Sampling / Multisample Setup.

When auditioning, I find there is a problem with the first two.
I re-create the correct WAV files, transfer to the Kronos, and Load from the Disk page.

The samples are appended rather than replacing.
Now I have new multisample indexes 20-23. The original samples are still in RAM. The names are identical, so it would be impossible to tell them apart other than the index being higher for the newer one.
I can delete the old samples (one at a time), and then move the new samples from 20-23 to index 0-3 (one at a time).

The process is a bit cumbersome for a few samples, and would be quite impractical if hundreds of samples were involved. Is there a better way to handle the need to update samples in RAM? I double-checked the sample load dialog, and it offers only Cancel and OK, and the opportunity to edit the filename to add wildcards. There is no mention of Append vs. Replace in the Op Guide chapter on "Loading data from disk"

Is there another approach to updating samples in RAM that I'm missing?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

To avoid creating a new sample when there is whatever mistake and simply overwrite it, make sure to select the right one (mistaken one) to do so.

About moving a bunch of samples at the same time, use the move sample option and check the Optimize empty samples box. There's more about this in the PG in the Sampling mode section.

Take care and stay healthy.
timg11

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@KK Thanks for the tip.

So you're saying selected sample(s) will be overwritten when replacements are loaded from disk.

As an example, I have 100 samples, and 10 of them need to be reloaded.
First I have to select the 10 samples to be replaced. I read the PG section "0–1b: Index, Sample Select, ..." to see how to select multiple samples. I was unable to find it. Even using the Find, only one sample ends up being selected.

So once I learn how to multi-select the samples, and have my 10 samples selected, then I head to the Disk page and re-load those 10 samples. That will automatically load the disk samples into the selected sample slots, using the file name as reference, so they end up in the same slot as when originally loaded?

This is great news if it works this way.

Given my inability to find the multi-select process, I found that deleting all samples and then re-loading them was the fastest approach. Unfortunately that requires re-creating the entire multi-sample setup, so it is still quite tedious. But my original approach of appending, deleting, and moving samples still requires recreating the multi-samples for the affected samples, so it would depend on what percentage of samples had to be replaced.
SKung

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a similar topic, maybe you can use some of the information to update your samples:
www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119943
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: