Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing owner.. EXS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Changing owner.. EXS Reply with quote

I got my hands on another 88 key Kronos X... I am going to check it out tonight..

The fysical health of this Kronos should be okay, as its only been used in the home.. we will see tonight. And if it fits the Bill, i will cancell my longlasting order (since February) at Thomann..

The previous owner changed to a Clavinova, so he has no use for the expansion packs that are on the Kronos, so how am i gonna get those packs that are registered with this instrument on my name?
awyatt1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EX's are registered to the keyboard and not the owner. I would think the original owner would have to go to his Korg profile and delete his registration of the keyboard. Then, you can go to your Korg profile and register the keyboard under your account.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awyatt1 wrote:
The EX's are registered to the keyboard and not the owner. I would think the original owner would have to go to his Korg profile and delete his registration of the keyboard. Then, you can go to your Korg profile and register the keyboard under your account.

Are you sure?

Not that at the moment the orriginal owner removes the registration from his account, also all expansions are removed since the account is non excisting..

I hoped it would be wiser for me to take ove his Korg account and then register it to my name and email adres...
awyatt1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am sure. When the original owner removes the registration of the keyboard from their account, the EX's will be removed from that account but will not be removed from the keyboard. The EX's are assigned to the Public ID of the keyboard. Therefore, when you register that Public ID under your account the EX's associated with that ID will follow.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i was very lucky with my purchase, the Kronos is in mint condition, upgraded to the latest software and with over $3000 on official korg expansions on it including for example Kurt Adlers Symphonic dreams 1 to 4. At a used price of €2500, i think it was a bargain...

However, first thing i found out was that many of the orriginal sounds got eddited beyound recognition, so first things first tonight is setting things back to factory defaults...
pp10050

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used Kronos 73 which came with loads of EXs . All I did was register the board in my name and that automatically cancelled the original registration. As said before, the EXs are registered to the keyboard, not the owner.

Paul
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pp10050 wrote:
I bought a used Kronos 73 which came with loads of EXs . All I did was register the board in my name and that automatically cancelled the original registration. As said before, the EXs are registered to the keyboard, not the owner.

Paul

So i noticed, this is what i did, and it worked just fine... Now everything is registered on my name... And i am a very happy Kronos owner now...
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Registering Used Kronos Reply with quote

Kicking the tires on a used Kronos 2 and wanted to understand the registration process. Does the old user need to unregister before I can register it?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good question. I think writing to Korg product support is the best bet.

I can't think how a 2nd owner can 'unregister ' the 1st registered Kronos owner.

Are you sure the used Kronos was registered with Korg ? If not, the registration path should be clear for you. Thats my 1st question.

If you hear from Product Support, let us know what they say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: