Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Difficulties using this forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject: Difficulties using this forum. Reply with quote

Hi,
As a current PA4X owner and also of several other Korg arrangers in the past, I have to say Korg Forums is one of my favourite websites that I use. That aside, I find it one of the most frustrating websites for use. It's painfully slow when trying to login, painfully slow when posting a reply to a thread and don't get me started on trying to include an image when making a post. I don't know of any other Forum that I use that makes the process so complicated. I have Fibre broadband, and I'm using a reasonably well specified P.C. and I don't get the same problems with other websites. I cannot imagine that other Forum members have not had similar problems at some stage.
I submitted a reply to a thread recently, waited around thirty seconds for it to go. Nothing happened, so I pressed submit again. In the end I gave up and went and made a cup of tea, when I came back my reply was duplicated in the thread. That is clearly not right, and it's 100% not happening at my end.
Chris
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only click once to post, and wait for the browser tab process indicator to finish its "washing" cycle ;-) It could be several minutes before the process is complete. Often, updating the page that links to that thread, will show your userid if the post has been added to the database, before the page refreshes. If that is the case, the post page can be closed If nobody has replied to a post, the creator of it can delete it, so duplicates can be removed by the user. It may even be possible to "peel off" multiple duplicates one at a time i.e. last first.

I still much prefer this type of forum display format. Many other fora have gone down the route of having a sanitised interface that is difficult to navigate, and especially difficult to follow threads. Yahoo Groups is a good example. Look what happened to them!!! Korgforums are exemplary in this regard. Photos can be "posted" by uploading them to a hosting site and including the link to the image in the posting.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Voip,
I understand what you say about only pressing once to post, but after nothing had happened thirty seconds later I started to question if I had pressed the enter button and did so again.

You say several minutes might be required to post anything. With the current technology in computers and software I consider that an unreasonable amount of time to wait. It simply does not happen with any other music forum I use.

Regarding adding a photo I tend to keep individual ones on my desktop. On all other Forums I use, there is an 'attach image' button. I press that and it directs me to the desktop where I highlight the photo and then press 'attach image' again. The photo simply uploads to the post. How simple is that ? No need for hosting sites.

Nothing I previously said would stop me using this incredible Forum, but what is the point of having a 'Testing this Forum' thread if we users don't comment in it if we think things could be better ?
Chris
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris

This has been an issue for a long time hence we get quite a few double posts

Don't know why.... the forums are hosted (not owned!!) by Korg and their websites etc have always been horribly slow

I often have a couple of browser tabs open to make life easier.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Basspig

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same delay here, only after 3 minutes, instead of post appearing, there is an error message about a debug event.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....for now, check your post please as most of them are actually successful despite the error

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: