Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi channels transmit to DAW?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject: Midi channels transmit to DAW? Reply with quote

Hi,
Krome global set to midi channel 1.

Is it possible (in combi or sequencer mode) to control tracks on different channels?

Eg in my DAW (Ableton), using the external instrument device, I have piano on one track (ch 2) and strings on another track (ch 3). Both sounds sound at the same time, and I cannot control the sounds independently...turn track one down in DAW, both sounds turn down and the same with the other track.

This is with that track receiving all channels. If I try to receive say ch 2...nothing works...

Hope that made some sort of sense...
Thanks
John
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Krome will absolutely control different channels simultaneously, down the same MIDI cable.

In fact, when I use it as a studio master, that's exactly what I do. I use different MIDI channels to address my different synths, and I use the sequencer to edit everything from notes to CC parameters. It works fine going into my computer as well.

I think that the global channel usage may be addressing the Krome's volume setting or something like that? I would try doing this piecemeal, to see what's really going on.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Krome will absolutely control different channels simultaneously, down the same MIDI cable.

In fact, when I use it as a studio master, that's exactly what I do. I use different MIDI channels to address my different synths, and I use the sequencer to edit everything from notes to CC parameters. It works fine going into my computer as well.

I think that the global channel usage may be addressing the Krome's volume setting or something like that? I would try doing this piecemeal, to see what's really going on.
jcw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:

Thanks...I think the audio is the limitation. I tried panning one track left and the other right and I could get the volume control in the DAW I wanted...which is ok, unless I am using more than track (using the internal sounds)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: