Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EXB-PCM03

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: EXB-PCM03 Reply with quote

I've just received this future loops expansion board. Now I know that there were never any KARMA enabled combis released for this board, but it should still detect and allow me to use the samples, right?

I already have PCM05 (Vintage Archives) installed so I tried swapping them around and one at a time... the Karma just dosn't recognise it at all!
I'm a computer engineer professionally and quite used to handling RAM etc carefully but also can't quite believe they're really that delicate either, especially ROM chips. Anyway the installation was quite routine.
Apparently it was tested in a Triton a few months prior to being sent to me.

Do I just have a dead EXB? Is anyone else using PCM03 Future Loops in their KARMA?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X -

Are you seeing the EXB 3 (Rom) as a choice for waves at the OSC edit level?

IMO the two best EXB's from the standpoint of samples are Vintage (05) which you have, and Trance Attack (09).

I owned the Future loops for a short while and returned it... mostly because I didn't quite get the RPPR functions which are a big part of the "Loops" appeal.

I'm not sure how well those functions come through on KARMA.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On boot up I only see EXB-PCM05 listed.

I was hoping that after I buy the KARMA MW software that I would be able to come up with some interesting GEs to manipulate the loop parts. Or maybe even just using the factory GEs.
I'm also quite comfortable with RPPR but as I say my main interest was from a more experimental point of view.

Are they multisamples or drum kit (single) samples?

It was essentially gifted to me so its not like I've lost out on anything by buying it and finding its not working. Except an anticlimax to a weeks' anticipation being away from my KARMA and looking forward to trying the board.

Just thinking I might be missing something really obvious like having to be in the slots in a certain order or something. I can't remember what I did with the PCM05 but I'm pretty sure its just plug in, turn on, and play.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
paulmpianist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Hi.. I have 03 Reply with quote

trance attack sounds interesting though. I like future loops. ... I am so used to doing things by habit... I'm not sure what is related. When you get the Future loops card .. you get Cbank songs with it right? Cbank and Dbank and they load as songs and you go through the keys and each one gives you a loop.
Mine work great, but then you have to record them in some software track (I use sonar) or have some other keyboards running in your midi network to add melody and harmony.
I'm still thinking of shrinking my hardware down because I don't use it all or I don't use it all to the best. To do a great song I think you have to do a lot more programming, or to do great live stuff, you have to practise a lot more button pushing with your keyboard playing.
Some keyboards are good for one song. I have a gig tomorrow ....long distance compared to the usual ones, where they want to hear one song I had on line. .. the gig is a auto show and its 5 hours performing time though. We'll see how it goes.

I like the future loops though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEPBsmmKXG8
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Note: The EXB-PCM boards work in both the TRITON series and Karma Music Workstations. For the TRITON series the included .PCG file provides new Programs, Combinations, Arpeggios and/or arpeggio assignments and in some titles new drumkits. For the Karma Music Workstation it will provide the same Programs, Combinations and drumkits. However it does not include new GE's or GE assignments. Of course for both products the boards do provide 16 Mbytes of new PCM data!!!

sounds to me like it should work! That sux man.. make sure all the pins are clean. that can make it un recognizable. but if its not working dont leave it in.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
Bush

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject: Triton Extreme Reply with quote

I downloaded the PCM 03 files from this website. Anyway to install them in triton Extreme. I get them to install but there is no sound
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Triton Extreme Reply with quote

Bush wrote:
I downloaded the PCM 03 files from this website. Anyway to install them in triton Extreme. I get them to install but there is no sound

To use any EXB-PCM03 Future Loop Expansion .PCG or .SNG files, you have to have the physical EXB-PCM03 board installed.

The Triton Extreme does not contain any of the Sample ROM from EXB-PCM03, and the Extreme does not have any expansion slots.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: