Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

controlling m3 module from an arranger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex_m3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: controlling m3 module from an arranger Reply with quote

hello guys,i'm new here

i have an old roland e96 arranger and i bought my m3 module recently. sorry for my bad english. i might have made a mistake with this,but it's too late now i guess. the idea was to disconnect all outputs from this old roland and use only the keyboard and rhythms. of course,i want all sounds from m3. what happens now? well,upper 1 and 2 are okay,i can manage that,it almost works perfectly. but those rhythms are so damn hard to setup and that's why i am here. when i play the rhythm on roland,then press PROG button on m3,then i tap Program on the bottom of the screen and select standard drum kit 1,i can hear complete drums from roland with m3's sounds. other drum kits seem won't work so well,only those GM ones seem to work. i think other drum kits have different mappings,something is wrong there,like kick and snare are having replaced mappings for some reason. however this is still nothing,i don't have the bass and guitars,rhythm is incomplete. when i press COMBI on the m3,the situation gets much worse,i can hear only a bunch of crap piano sounds mixed together when i play the rhythm on roland. when it comes to roland,i know almost everything there,it's so easy to setup all midi channels. which is not the case with m3 unfortunatelly. for now,i know only there's some midi settings on m3 at global/page/midi,i can see there that global channel is 1 and drum channel is 10. and there are some timber settings as well,i don't know what to do there. i thought all of this will be much easier to be honest. where do i start now first,what i need to do? so i need to: hear the arranger drums,bass and a couple of guitars,and i need to save those settings. at the same time,i need to have my right hand sounds with no interferences with drum samples. i'm searching for solution for a last couple a days and no luck so far,seems no one can help me with this. so i really hope here are people who already did something like this in the past. any help will be highly appreciated,i'm also willing to pay someone to fix this for me with a camera,skype,viber etc...thanks in advance! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: