Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create arp pattern using common step sequencer help request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject: Create arp pattern using common step sequencer help request Reply with quote

Despite having the original Kronos since it was first released, I stopped gigging with it shortly after getting it and went with the M50. Why? I play several songs that require a specific arp pattern (Major Tom for example). I know this can be achieved using the step sequencer but for the life of me, I can't get it working right.

Anybody here a whiz at it that can lend a hand in creating a very basic pattern?

Thanks!

-Mc

p.s. Yes I know I can purchase the Karma software and do it but that isn't an option for me.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to presume you mean Peter Schilling's Major Tom...

Sorting out the right setup for the common step seq:

1. Assign the Step Sequencer as an AMS source for Pitch.
2. Set the AMS intensity to +25.

Each increment of 4 equals a semitone.

So what you want is, I think:
0, 48, 40, 48, 20, 28, 40, 48,
0, 48, 40, 48, 12, 48, 8, 48

I can't test this because I don't have a Kronos... but that should be the melodic pattern.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with the accuracy of the Major Tom notes. I just need to learn how to do it. When I get home I'll give this a shot.

Thanks!
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardSync wrote:
I can't test this because I don't have a Kronos... but that should be the melodic pattern.

You nailed it. Within just a few minutes I got it working the way I wanted. My issue was figuring out how to make the patch use the step sequencer to adjust pitch (and I didn't know it was 4 semitones per note).

Thanks!

-Mc
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. You're welcome. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: