Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY TEX PATCHES HAS NO SOUND

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeyosia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: MY TEX PATCHES HAS NO SOUND Reply with quote

Hii everyone. kinda need a big help. i just changed my internal battery and end up with blank white screen. i read a few recomendation from this forum to load up with CF card. did it and now booted up normally. but the problem is most of the patches from prog and comb have no sound. well some of them do. so i took the advice from this forum (again) to load the preload data from global setting. no luck. still no sound. and i did an initialization process ended up deleting all my personal presets. but my main concern is what should i do?? i couldnt find the extreme factory preload data. can somebody pls help me? i need to use this keyboard for my session gig in 3days time. thank you in advance
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were any error messages shown on the screen?

Did you try a restore of the preload data from the powered off state, rather than from the Global menus?

joeyosia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hii there voip. thanks for the respon. yes i also did the MENU+EXIT Boot Up but still the same. no error msg. my assumption is the preload data was error or missing some sample etc. any help?
joeyosia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pls help!! now it got worse. i tried to format the cf card from tex but using the "full format". waited for almost 30minutes but the process was endless. so i turn off my tex and rebooted it. back to white blank screen. but my cf card is corrupted. and my tex is unbootable. how can i format the cf card?? any solution pls?? thank you
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this has not gone well. Replacing the battery should not in itself cause any problems, so there is a concern that something became damaged during the battery replacement process, either damage by static electricity, if suitable precautions were not taken, or some other damage. The internals of keyboards are delicate and should be handled with care. It might be that a cable connector has become loose, so is worth checking. It might be worth contacting Korg service in Jakarta.

bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you need to reinstall the Triton OS, and that does require a CF with the OS files on it.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/215/3180/

This same issue was was apparently resolved by another user as described in this thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45809&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Yes, using the Triton Extreme to format a CF or USB flashdrive can take a very long time. I'm not sure if your CF is corrupt or if the processing is just slow.
joeyosia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Sorry to hear this has not gone well. Replacing the battery should not in itself cause any problems, so there is a concern that something became damaged during the battery replacement process, either damage by static electricity, if suitable precautions were not taken, or some other damage. The internals of keyboards are delicate and should be handled with care. It might be that a cable connector has become loose, so is worth checking. It might be worth contacting Korg service in Jakarta.

thanks man. appreciate your help.
joeyosia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
It sounds like you need to reinstall the Triton OS, and that does require a CF with the OS files on it.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/1/215/3180/

This same issue was was apparently resolved by another user as described in this thread:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45809&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Yes, using the Triton Extreme to format a CF or USB flashdrive can take a very long time. I'm not sure if your CF is corrupt or if the processing is just slow.

hii bpoodoo. yes i read that post before. i do have the os ready. but the problem is i cant format the cf now cos my tex is not bootable to do the formatting. is there a way to format this cf without tex? like fat16 or fat32 exfat etc?? thanks again
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton Ex MEDIA>Utility>Format function provides options to format a CF as either FAT16 or FAT32. If you format the CF as FAT16 or FAT32 using your PC, it should be readable by the Triton Ex.

What you need is a CF card reader to connect via USB (2.0 or 3.0) to your PC. There are many available on amazon or ebay for $10-$15. These readers usually support multiple card types, SD, CF, etc.
joeyosia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
The Triton Ex MEDIA>Utility>Format function provides options to format a CF as either FAT16 or FAT32. If you format the CF as FAT16 or FAT32 using your PC, it should be readable by the Triton Ex.

What you need is a CF card reader to connect via USB (2.0 or 3.0) to your PC. There are many available on amazon or ebay for $10-$15. These readers usually support multiple card types, SD, CF, etc.

thanks man. im gona try it now and will let you know the updates. appreciate it mate.
joeyosia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyosia wrote:
bpoodoo wrote:

thanks man. im gona try it now and will let you know the updates. appreciate it mate.

hii there bpoodoo...i tried your method. but stil fail to boot. it did try to install. theres one thing i tried (MENU+EXIT) without inserting cf card, it did boot in to the latest os. but still some of the patches dont have sound coming out. but when i try to reboot. it ended up to the same white blank screen again. im so stressed out. i have a gig this coming thursday Crying or Very sad somebody pls help me
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The uncomfortable situation you're in is a perfect example. If gigging professionally, there always has to be a backup plan. Yanni, for example, has 50 Korg Kromes, all programmed identically, with eight of them on stage, and the rest effectively kept as spares. It may seem like overkill, but he cannot afford his reputation to be let down by equipment failure. See here, at 2 minutes into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWrSnMCk72U

It does seem that your Triton Extreme is experiencing some sort of memory-related issues, else the upgrade should have worked. Tracking the problem down is not going to be easy. A trip to the music store might be on the cards.

joeyosia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The uncomfortable situation you're in is a perfect example. If gigging professionally, there always has to be a backup plan. Yanni, for example, has 50 Korg Kromes, all programmed identically, with eight of them on stage, and the rest effectively kept as spares. It may seem like overkill, but he cannot afford his reputation to be let down by equipment failure. See here, at 2 minutes into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWrSnMCk72U

It does seem that your Triton Extreme is experiencing some sort of memory-related issues, else the upgrade should have worked. Tracking the problem down is not going to be easy. A trip to the music store might be on the cards.

yeahh thanks for the heads up mate. but the thing is im not really that profesional yet to buy another keyboard. i'll keep that i mind. when im rich wkwkwkwk. the upgrade is working i guess but its just 40% of the patches dont have sound from it. well i guess heading to service center is the only solution Sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: