Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KROME -SOUND PROBLEM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
openroad

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Krome Img file Reply with quote

sonickeys71 wrote:
Hello. Can someone please post a new link for the Img file download to SD card? So far none of the links on these forums are working.

Repeating the above request - does anyone have a working Img file link please? I've got my card & adapter and need to deal with this.

No Img file links on this thread work anymore.

Thank you.
bradkorg

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Krome Img file Reply with quote

openroad wrote:
sonickeys71 wrote:
Hello. Can someone please post a new link for the Img file download to SD card? So far none of the links on these forums are working.

Repeating the above request - does anyone have a working Img file link please? I've got my card & adapter and need to deal with this.

No Img file links on this thread work anymore.

Thank you.

Why don't you make the image from the original card yourself with hdd raw copy: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89650&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
rhall wrote:
In hopes that I might be able to help someone else through the frustrating task of repairing their Korg Krome sound issues, here is what I did that seemed to work: (General disclaimers apply - I do not take responsibility for your repair, only my own. Wink

BE VERY CAREFUL!! There are several areas where you risk damaging your keyboard, Micro SD Card or even your computer.

NOTE: Not a bad idea to take some good pics along the way to remember where all the screw go etc.

Needed:
- Good Philips head screwdriver
- Fast Micro SD card (I used a SanDisk Ultra Plus 16Gb)
- Windows PC
- HDD Raw Copy Software - Download Here: http://download.cnet.com/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/3001-2094_4-75544749.html?hlndr=1
- Micro SD Adapter (if needed for computer)

1. Disconnect all cables including power and turn keyboard upside down to access the screws on the bottom. Be careful to protect the joystick when it is upside down. I padded my keyboard stand with towels and it worked great.
2. Spend a day taking out most of the screws. (OK a little sarcasm never hurt anyone.) Do not loosen the ones on the metal bar.
3. Carefully separate the bottom from the top taking special note of the connector between the two. After you have lifted the back portion about 6 inches or so, carefully pull the connector loose to completely separate the two pieces. Set the bottom aside carfully. Pay special attention to the joystick area and right-side cover as these are especially fragile.
4. Locate the old Micro SD Card slot (near middle of keyboard)
5. Carefully slide the metal casing that surround the Micro SD card toward the front of the keyboard to unlock.
6. Once the casing is unlocked, life the end nearest the front of the keyboard to access the Micro SD Card. (Take note of the positioning of the Micro SD Card)
7. Carefully remove the old Micro SD Card.
8. Insert Micro SD Card into computer using Adapter if necessary (You will receive a message that the card needs to be format. DO NOT FORMAT!! The card does NOT use a Windows readable File Structure)
9. On a Windows PC, download and run the HDD RAW Copy Software (If prompted for permission to run, click "Yes")
10. In the "Select Device Selection" Window click the entry representing your Micro SD Card and click "Continue"
11. In the "Target Device Selection" Window double-click, "Double-click to open file"
12. Navigate to the location where you would like to temporarily store the image from the Micro SD card, give it a file name (I'll call it KromeSD for our purposes), and click "Save"
13. Make sure the file name is as expected and click "Continue"
14. Double-check Source and Target. If OK click "Start"
15. Wait until status reads "100% complete"
16. You may now exit the program by click the "X" in the upper-right of the window
17. Eject the Old Micro SD card using the appropriate method for you Operating System
18. Insert the New Micro SD card
19. Run HDD Raw Copy software again. (If prompted for permission to run, click "Yes")
20. In the Source Device Selection window double-click "Double-click to open file)
21. Navigate to KromeSD.imgc (or whatever you named the old image file) and double-click on it.
22. Check the path name in the Select Device Selection window. If correct, click "Continue"
23. In the Target Device selection window, click the item that represents the new Micro SD card and click "Continue"
24. Verify the Source and Target for the file copy and click "Start".
25. Check the target again on the Caution window and if ok, click "Yes"
26. Wait until status reads "100% complete"
27. You may now exit the program by click the "X" in the upper-right of the window
28. Eject the New Micro SD card using the appropriate method for you Operating System
29. Carefully insert the new Micro SD card into the slot on your Krome being certain that the connectors on the SD card match up with the pins on the circuit board.
30. Carefully close the metal casing and slide forward to lock
31. Carefully replace the bottom of the keyboard making sure everything lines up and you have carefully reattached the connector cable to the circuit board.
32. OPTIONAL: At this point, I carefully turned the keyboard over, reconnected cables and tested. (It might be a little safer to add a few outer screws before doing this. Either way, be very careful.
33. Once satisfied that the repair is complete, carefully reassemble with ALL the screws Smile
34. ENJOY!

PS: If you want to short-cut steps 10-17, you may download my image file. I won't promise how long I can afford the space to keep it online, but at least for now, it is at: http://bit.ly/1VGTb5U
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[WARNING CORRUPT IMAGE, G-KEY STATIC]
Here's the corrupted backup image still alive for testing purpose, dont be lazy always make your own "perfect" image, see above post:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1-MvT7IgusO7stuPJsJpYxenNGnW1xSLS&export=download

Instead of repairing, you should get rid of the krome.
The main disaster design is the use of microSD flash memory and its socket controller chip instead of reliable baked rom chip.
First they use crappy fake class10 sanmax sd that can't read fast enough for the big piano samples, resulting ticking/plopping/cutting-off/static noise.
But main point depends on the quality of the sd card good quality= longer lifetime, but sooner or later the data will be slower/corrupted/lost/disintergrated and sd card simply dies within xx months.

So regular maintenance is necessary to replace the microSD every xx months.

enginear14 wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
It sounds to me like the sd card image is corrupted.
Wish i still had a krome to try it out.

I think you’re right! I was using the SD image from google drive (linked in this thread) when I was getting the static. Using the same SanDisk card, I have it now working perfectly, using an image I made from my own original SD card. Hope this helps someone else!

Last edited by bradkorg on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total
enginear14

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seanyd wrote:
Okay, same piano problem, sd card fix applied, popping and sustain problem fixed, however one note, G4 (i think, the one under the Touchview logo) has a load of white noise when used with the sustain pedal. Switched all effects off and it is consistently there just this one key, however makes the entire piano unusable. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

This is EXACTLY my current situation, with a blue 61 key model. I installed new SD card (Sandisk class 10 8gb), clicks/pops are gone, but that same G key is giving a delayed static when using the damper pedal. Did you ever fix it seanyd?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
enginear14

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:

I think you’re right! I was using the SD image from google drive (linked in this thread) when I was getting the static. Using the same SanDisk card, I have it now working perfectly, using an image I made from my own original SD card. Hope this helps someone else!
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have fast enough internet maybe you could reupload your image in case other users need it!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Szymon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KORG KROME image file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zCbvEHtxTHRPSUFjlBU8zj05xfEUPhDj
rhynotax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, been thinking of upgrading to the krome EX, anybody knows if this problem also happens on the EX? It would be incredibly dissapointing to buy it only to find out it has the same issues as the previous models.
CWFERRY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome Error for Micro SD Card Reply with quote

You can purchase the internal 4G micro SD card fully loaded with the operating system and the latest version at FullCompass.com. I just received mine and now I'm up and running again! The part is.....
Korg 510476503502 Internal Micro SD Card (Pre-Loaded) $62.63
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhynotax wrote:
Hi, been thinking of upgrading to the krome EX, anybody knows if this problem also happens on the EX? It would be incredibly dissapointing to buy it only to find out it has the same issues as the previous models.

A couple of years ago,I had bought 2 Krome specials edition platinum keyboards and they both failed within a week after purchase.

A little over a week ago,I bought the new Krome EX and no problems whatsoever & I absolutely love it!
The keybed feels fantastic,the extra 200MB of sounds are nice and the color scheme is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWMe_MaugT0
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhynotax wrote:

A couple of years ago,I had bought 2 Krome specials edition platinum keyboards and they both failed within a week after purchase.

A little over a week ago,I bought the new Krome EX and no problems whatsoever & I absolutely love it!
The keybed feels fantastic,the extra 200MB of sounds are nice and the color scheme is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWMe_MaugT0
beduin2015

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there! Can any of the owners of Krome EX share an image of the internal SD card installed inside the case? I want to try using this image in the first version of Krome. My E-mail: beduin2015@rambler.ru
davedutt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject: KORG KROME 88 Image File needed Reply with quote

Anyone could share the image file for Krome 88 ?
Mohnish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:28 am    Post subject: "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system" ER Reply with quote

Hi,
I have Korg Krome 61, and it gives me an error message on start up "Read a system from SD Card and Run the system"
"Loading application Failed .....".
Please help me fix this.
Thank you.
Mohnish Grover
+91 97820 66926
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: