Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KingKORG for processing external audio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faceless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: KingKORG for processing external audio Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know if it’d be possible to route audio from your audio interface into the XLR input of the KingKORG, process it (e.g. the vacuum tube), and then route the processed audio back into the interface?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Jep, but it is indirectly. You can set an oscillator into mic mode. After all the stages of filtering/effects and so on, it goes through the vacuum tube.

The disadvantage is that you need to press keys to enable the pass through. But if you just want the processing, but not really play the board, you can set up the arpeggiator to keep triggering notes with long release times so that virtually the mic is always passed through. At least that is how it works on the microKorg. So it is not ideal...

Have fun.
Faceless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input! I don’t actually mind having to hold a key down while doing it as it’s not something I plan on doing all the time. I just need to be able to get the audio in, apply the fx and then record the result in my DAW.

As for cables, would XLR > 1/4” do the trick or would XLR - XLR be a better choice? (My audio interface is Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd gen.)
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For the input of the audio into the KK, you will need something going to XLR. The source can be XLR or 1/4. Note that the KK does not provide phantom power over the XLR. It means that certain types of mics will not work. Here you see some info when going from 1/4" to XLR. https://www.shure.com/en-GB/support/find-an-answer/how-do-i-wire-an-xlr-to-1-4-adapter-cable. That depends a bit on what audio source that you use.

For the output, you take the L/R from KK to your Focusrite. You can stick to 1/4".

Ciao
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: