Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Korg Triton Classic Patches onto a Korg TR Unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Loading Korg Triton Classic Patches onto a Korg TR Unit Reply with quote

Greetings, I had a Korg Classic but recently sold it but i recently purchased a Korg TR model for mainly fun and some live playing (due to weight). I'm not a Keyboardist but rather a guitarist with moderate keyboard abilities.

I'm curious if it is possible to load Triton patches (IE: Dynamic Orchestra) onto the TR Model and still retain the numerous Triton ability to create the dynamic attack response of effects, as when you play such a patch and play on keys with a heavier attack on Triton, it then activates the level of the Percussive instruments actual response (IE: Timpani / Kettle Drum) which is then introduced to overall outputted sound ? Thanks ZenIn
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the answer is "Yes", but you will have to remap/repoint to the correct Programs.

The Korg TR has the same Sound ROM (Multisamples and Drumsamples) as the Triton Classic + some additon "EX" ROM (and extra 32MB), therefore you should be able to load any Triton Program/Combi .pcg data.

I looked at the Korg TR Voice Name List and compared it to the Triton Classic Voice Name List, and it appears the Programs and Combis are in different order.

Using PCGTools, I can look at the Triton Preload .pcg file, specifically Program A002, DynOrchestra and see the Timbres it uses. These timbres are in different locations than they are in the Korg TR.

If you want to load Combi A002 DynOrchestra, you would need to:
1. make sure all of its timbres/Programs are in the factory TR Program List.

2. If so, you can load the A002 Combi, but I think you would need to re-ooint it to the correct timbres.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: