Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Collection-Triton- Working with Logic Pro X

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac37062

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Korg Collection-Triton- Working with Logic Pro X Reply with quote

I recently bought the Triton collection to use with Logic Pro x as a plug-in. I’ve been experimenting with some midi SMF files I saved out of my old Triton Studio, and imported into Logic. Something strange is happening when I try to use the plugin to assign Triton sounds from the sound bank. For some tracks, it will change the instrument back to another instrument in the plugin such as Stein Bass instead of Fretless Bass for no clear reason. Is there anything in the midi file that could be causing this? I’m trying to replicate the same exact settings and sounds I had with my original sequences since I could not get my MIDI setting into my iMac to properly capture the Triton sequences, thus why I bought the Korg Collection. If anyone knows a work around for this please let me know. Thanks.
wpostma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are able to import .PCG files to get your patches and combis inside the VST to be like the patches and combis inside your real triton that you formerly had?

SMF files can say "set the sound to A-130" but not that A-130 is a fretless bass or a strings pad. That part is up to you.

You have to map the sounds to combi bank A, combi number 130, yourself before you can play back a midi file and use the sounds.

I wonder if I'm misunderstanding you as it seems obvious to me that a midi file is like a piece of paper in a piano player piano. What it's wired to is outside the scope of the piano roll which is just holes in a piece of paper. The wiring (setup) is up to you.

When you say "sequences" you mean midi note sequences or you meant .PCG (setups)?

Warren Canada
jac37062

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I’m saying is I am able to import the SMF midi files into Logic and assign the individual midi tracks to the Triton plugin BUT, the plug in has a mind of its own half the time when I go to select a sound from the plugin bank it will not keep the sound I chose and will jump back to a similar sound in the collection, such as any midi file I saved as SMF 1 with the instrument Percussion Kit will automatically select Psycho Kit in the plugin in and not let me change and retain my pick on Percussion Kit without it switching back. It must be a bug of some sort as it only happens on tracks that did not use Factory Bank A. Weird. I still have my Triton but am wanting to sell it after I successfully get all these old midi files into Logic with their native instruments.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be some MIDI program change messages within the MIDI file you need to delete or edit. General MIDI files often only have program change, not bank change (since it will assume GM bank.)
https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/mysterious-program-changes-standard-midi-files/
Or, from the MIDI configuration for your song sequence you could disable MIDI program changes.
jac37062

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you’re onto something there... program change. I’ve googled this and lots of people have this issue with SMF files so it’s just hopefully a matter of finding out how to delete or disable the program change events.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: