Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Master List of Prologue Issues & Feature Requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Master List of Prologue Issues & Feature Requests Reply with quote

1. {Issue} The crashes. I've had a crash or 2 since updating to the latest. Turning off the global "auto off" function seems to have helped. Still needs to be addressed though.

2. {Issue} When the LFOs are running freely (Voice Sync Off) and you have the MW controlling the LFO rate. Engaging the MW will result in the LFOs being in sync again. I need to do more experimenting with this one. If anyone else could try to replicate this one it would be great. Might only happen when midi clock is involved. (edit) OK, after some more investigating, I've found that this only happens when the LFO is in midi clock sync mode.

3. {Issue} (Prologue 16) Editing the Sub layer on a layered patch edits the Main layer as well. When midi thru is activated in your DAW and Local Control on the Prologue is turned off...Trying to edit only the Sub layer using the Panel switch doesn't work. The edits apply to both layers even though the panel switch is set to Sub.

1. {Feature Request} The lack of separate layer control of the MW and PB wheel. The synth has 2 timbres yet there is no way to apply the wheels to only one layer.

2. {Feature Request} Gate Time of the Arp should be added as an editable parameter. Instead of just a mod destination.

3. {Feature Request} We need more options for the arp then just the 16th note default it is set to. Beat Divisions. 1/4th, 1/8th, 1/32nd, triplets, dotted etc....

4. {Feature Request} With Local Control off, the MW and PB are still connected to the internal Prologue sound. This is huge and should be be turned off when local control is off. As it is the Prologue fails at even the most basic of controller duties...Playing keys! I don't expect it to be a master controller at all but this is too much. The Sub37, with only 37 keys, has menu items that allow you to turn local control off for the keys, knobs and wheels separately.

I didn't mention the tuning issue that many, myself included, have been vocal about as I have done some tests recently and I've come to the conclusion that the operating environment is the answer. I know, all VCOs are susceptible to heat and humidity. This synth is very sensitive to heat and humidity. Even has a disclaimer in the quick start manual that it is not meant to be used in tropical climates. When my studio is 76 degrees and the humidity is normal the tuning issues practically disappear.

Feel free to add to this list. I probably missed a few things and I'm sure more will pop up in the future.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the most desirable feature to add is control over how many voices are used for unison. Most of the time I find unison feature useless cause 16 voices is a bit to much.
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could knock it down to 8 voices by making the preset a combination and turning the sub layer down using the balance knob.
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
rgarner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea, thanks Grok.

1. { Issue/Feature } I'd like CC11 (Expression) to be output over MIDI so that I can record a full performance, not have to do two passes.
2. { Issue } The occasional eighth note on my eight voice going a full semitone to a tone out – a manual tuning can fix it but doesn't always
3. If I think of more I'll add them, but these are the two biggies ^^
43and33

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on Expression pedal/CC11 transmitted via MIDI!!

Just got my prologue today - loving it, but this seems like a pretty easy implementation for Korg?

rgarner wrote:
Nice idea, thanks Grok.

1. { Issue/Feature } I'd like CC11 (Expression) to be output over MIDI so that I can record a full performance, not have to do two passes.
2. { Issue } The occasional eighth note on my eight voice going a full semitone to a tone out – a manual tuning can fix it but doesn't always
3. If I think of more I'll add them, but these are the two biggies ^^
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Scrolling through presets via Program/value knob:
scrolling with SHIFT pressed should scroll through 10 at a time (instead of 1 at a time).
pritisikka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Information.Thanks for sharing Smile
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of 2.00 bugs/issues.
1) when editing layers using different user oscillators, parameter labels in the edit/program/multiengine programming menu are corrupted by switching the TYPE switch while in the edit menu. The rest of the menu items follow the switch context. However, for user supplied oscillators with TYPE switch context is incomplete. For example: when working on a layered patch that uses a different user oscillator in each layer, the multiengine parameter menu may or may not contain the setting for the layer selected with the TYPE switch. In fact, sometimes it has the menus from both mixed together - this is most evident when the number of parameters per oscillator is unequal. If I'm editing a layered patch with two different user oscillators, I have to exit edit mode between layer operations to get the menus correct upon editing.
2) every once in a while, I get a mangled AMP env on a low key. Something like the release dropped out as the attack took off - legato doesn't seem to effect it.
3) on MacOS Catalina, when I "drag and drop" an oscillator from a finder file window into an oscillator slot in the librarian, the P16 will load up Runner Brass (prog 1) preset values, but remain at the preset location I last selected - the one I'm currently programming. After I load the oscillator, Prog 1 preset is still loaded - I have to hit Shift-Write to reload the controls I was working on before I reloaded the oscillators.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: