Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading a KMP file?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sima211

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Loading a KMP file? Reply with quote

I have a certain bass guitar sample, it has one folder with .KSF files and one KMP file. I'm not really tech-savvy with keyboards, how do I load them onto my keyboard and play them? I went to media and went "Load selected" on the KMP file but I can't see it in COMBI or in PROGRAM. What am I to do?
wpostma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Korg Triton LE or a Korg TR, do you have the sampler expansion board? If you don't there's no way to load samples.

The sample format for these boards is KSC files. If you don't have something in KSC file format or you don't have the Sampler expansion board installed in your TritonLE or TR board, you're not going to load a KSC.

The KSC samples load into RAM, and the RAM slots exist on the boards but the firmware that will load it into RAM for you needs the sampler board to work.

Once you load a sample into memory the sample is not a patch. You have to create a patch. Go to PROGRAM mode, then go to a program you don't like. Go to the screen where you set up that program's oscillators. You get there with the MENU key. From the menu screen select BASIC then OPEN.

The screen title if you did the above is PROG 2.1 ED-BASIC

From here you can see there is a tab OSC1 and tab OSC2. On the main tab select single oscillator mode. If the MODE = Double, change to single. THen go to the OSC 1 page. Now select a sample from bank RAM: and now among the available RAM samples, pick the sample you loaded. Now SAVE the patch.

If the patch you chose to edit was patch D9, then patch D9 is now your custom sample patch. Save your patch, if you want to keep your board set up this way. (save a change to a patch is UTILITY button then select WRITE PROGRAM).

Bad news point time. Next time you power down your keyboard your sample will be unloaded from RAM and needs to be loaded again.

Unlike modern 2018+ keyboards, this early 2000s keyboard has no FLASH sample memory that you can write to. Just basically ROM memory, EEPROM is for patch storage but not for samples. The sample playback occurs only from RAM. Kind of sucky but that's what this keyboard does.

Warren Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: