Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sound disturbance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drumdiktoo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: sound disturbance Reply with quote

Hi, I am not sure if this was a topic ever. I bought a Wavedrum Global a few years ago and performed great with it. Until the output was overloaded, or hits were coming out very bad and disturbed. I could not find out what it was but bought a new Wavedrum Global in order to play on. But now the exact same problem occurs with this new machine. What can be done about it? I really need this drum but I seem to do something wrong or is it bad luck???
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
slug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't specify, so are you getting the same "disturbed" results from both line outs and the headphone output, or just one?
drumdiktoo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
You didn't specify, so are you getting the same "disturbed" results from both line outs and the headphone output, or just one?

Yes, I am sorry I forgot. It is occurring on both channels. But it is not on the headphone output...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the sound is clean through headpones, there's a good chance that the distorted sound is from bad cables or oxidised and/or dirty jack contacts. A good clean with switch cleaner e.g. Servisol Super 10, or its Deoxit equivalent, at both ends i.e. the Wavedrum and the amplifier/speaker setup, might do the trick. Spray the stuff on the plug, insert it in the jack socket a few times with a twisting motion, wipe with tissue and repeat until the wipe is clean. Repeat for the other jack plugs/sockets. It's surprising how dirty this important part of the audio chain can become, over time. I had it happen on the Korg Kronos a while ago.

slug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drumdiktoo wrote:
slug wrote:

Yes, I am sorry I forgot. It is occurring on both channels. But it is not on the headphone output...

Usually i would suspect that your input can be set to enough minimum gain to avoid distortion at the wavedrums higher output setting, but just in case it would be worth checking that you dont have your wavedrum set to the double level output option as describe here, which affects only the line outputs:

"The Wavedrum has two selectable output levels, Normal Mode and x2 Mode. Normal mode is the factory default setting. If you hold down the BANK button during power-up, the display will read "Set" and then either "1.00" or "2.00" You can then turn the value knob to select between the two output levels."
drumdiktoo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for the advice. I think I found out what caused it. I use phantom for some mikes I use in my set up. The mixing console goes berserk on the outputs of the Wavedrum. So now I am looking for a D.I box to solve that!
slug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drumdiktoo wrote:
Hi, thank you for the advice. I think I found out what caused it. I use phantom for some mikes I use in my set up. The mixing console goes berserk on the outputs of the Wavedrum. So now I am looking for a D.I box to solve that!

So that means you are using the mic preamp inputs? Should use line inputs where possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: