Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar Center: Korg vs Yamaha

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keys1970

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Guitar Center: Korg vs Yamaha Reply with quote

1. I recently visited 3 Guitar Centers in the Washington, DC area. There was extensive promotion of Yamaha keyboards (Synths, Workstations, Pianos) with very little promotion of Korg's lineup (Kronos, Krome, Kross, etc.). What's up with that?

2. How do you differentiate between the Arranger keyboards (PA?), Kronos, Krome and Kross? I spend most of my time playing classical piano, and have fallen way behind on understanding the different styles of instruments, etc. Any specific YouTube videos that highlight differences?

Keys1970
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Guitar Center's internal wheelings and dealings, but ...

Arrangers are your all-in-one band-in-a-box. They will provide everything from key sensitive chord changes, through drum fills, to even in some models, sung harmony to match your vocals.

Keyboard workstations are out-and-out composition tools. They don't assume that you're going to play twelve bar blues, or brazilian samba, or smooth jazz, or whatever the style of the week is. You have a full, linear sequencer with which you can specify every timbral tweak and rhythmic oddity.

If you want to score a movie, the keyboard workstation is the better choice. If you want to fill a room for a party full of half-drunk dancers, the arranger is the way to go.

Each one can do the other's job, up to a point, but they're best at their original mission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: