Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Power Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
azroadcyclist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject: Krome Power Issues Reply with quote

Anyone else had this issue? When plugging in the power supply, it feels loose in the slot. I have to get in the right place for it to actually work and I can turn the keyboard on. Is this an easy fix or something I need to have an authorized repair center take care of? I've been relying on the Krome more and more lately with my band so can't have it down for too long.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "slot" presumably refers to the power input jack socket on the rear of the Krome. If so, take a close look at both the jack plug coming from the power supply, and the socket on the rear of the Krome, for signs of damage. Also check the jack socket on the Krome for looseness. It should feel firm when pushed inwards and sideways using finger pressure.

The jack socket should look like this:

https://syntaur.com/images/3666-Lg.jpg

The centre pin on the jack plug should be clearly visible, with the end of the pin around 2mm below the end of the plug. They have been known to break off.

dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The power input jack's center pin on my Krome (purchased used) broke off after only a few months...I replaced it with an input jack that didn't have a center pin (a far more common type)...I didn't bother to change the plug on the Korg AC adapter (wall wart), I just use a Yamaha adapter with the correct plug, voltage, and current rating...almost all wall warts have plugs without a center pin...

df
azroadcyclist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's the power socket then...mine wiggles when pressing my finger against it. Is this something that I can easily replace? If so, do you happen to have a part number or a link where I can pick one up? I appreciate your help...Thanks![/img]
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacement part without center pin: I took the jack off a non-working small amplifier pcb...don't have a part number, but it looks just about like the picture that was posted above (w/out center pin, of course), and soldered directly to the pads on the Krome pcb...dimensions (connecter diameters) are 5.5x2.2mm...

df
openroad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you might have this same issue.

I thought the same thing about socket looseness, then a couple times it didn't start at all at first and I thought it was the loose connection.

I've figured out that it boots up every time if I hold the power on button in just a little bit longer than a quick push, and that's what finally accidentally got it to turn on the other times it failed first and at the time I didn't realize why it suddenly worked.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that the power switch contacts have lost their nice clean contact surfaces, or the switch has become intermittent because of a worn latching mechanism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: