Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue doesnt start/stop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yannvdk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Minilogue doesnt start/stop Reply with quote

Hi guys,
Im new here so I hope I used the right subforum.
I really tried figuring it out myself through YT/other forums etc, but I couldnt find anybody with the same problem.
I currently own a Minilogue XD and use it together with a Roland TR-8. I just started using Ableton as my DAW for recording etc, but I keep encountering the following problem:

When I press start/stop in Ableton, the sequence on the TR8 starts running, but the sequencer on the Minilogue doesnt. Since I do everything live I would like to have it start at the same time as Ableton (and also TR8). Can anybody tell me what I should try? Tried searching in the ''global settings'' part and Midi route is set to ''usb+MIDI'' and clock source to ''auto'', but couldnt find anything regarding receive start-stop messages. I can see (using the tempo knob) that the external clock is recognised tho.

For the clarity of everything, here a overview of how everything is connected:

Computer -> Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 through USB
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (midi-out) -> Roland TR-8 (midi-in) through a midi-cable
TR-8 (midi-out) -> Minilogue XD (midi-in) through midi-cable.

Anybody that can already spot what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the top of my head, it could be that you don’t have Midi Thru enabled on the tr8.
slug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would connect MIDI out from interface directly to the Minilogue, that way if the Minilogue then operates as expected you instantly know the issue is the Roland in the middle.
yannvdk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx for the replies. Took the TR8 out of the chain, but Minilogue sequencer still does not start running when I hit start Ableton. I checked multiple scenarios (turning on Minilogue while Ableton was running/turned off) and everytime the TR8 sequencer started running, but the Minilogue doesnt do anything. Anybody has an idea what I can try else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: