Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB connection seems not to work anymore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magname

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: USB connection seems not to work anymore Reply with quote

Hello,
Today I've tried to connect via USB my casio piano to the prologue using USB.
At the beginning, directly both machines and then using a USB hub powered by any phone charger.
First time I've attempted this. This did not work.
And now, windows nor prologue sound librerian does not recognize the prologue.
Windows rings the bell like it connects something on USB when unconnect and reconnected it but no text message, nothing in the hardware management tab for usb devices discovered.

Before that, in the past, I've already succeeded to connect prologue to my windows 10 pc.
I've tried to uninstall the DrvTools_1_15_r31e.exe and reinstalled it but still nothing.

Any idea ?
restarted many times the prologue.
IS USB dead ?

Regards
magname

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried on another computer. Korg warned about a problem with the new windows 10.
This new MIDI driver is a total failure.
Tried many many things including register cleanup.
nothing nothing is not working anymore..
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1. phone chargers must be one that give constant 5V - some chargers a specificly made to charge with varying voltages for fast charging and stuff.

But if it says 5V it should be ok.

#2. Don't expect devices - not computer one end - to connect at all. They are rarely making such class compliant stuff to be host and client.

So piano to synth - don't expect that to work.

I've had Kingkorg and now Prologue-8 - and Korg usb driver has been flaky and strange it does not notice the different devices.

When having KK I even succeded better with no driver at all(windows 7) - the class compliant midi work fine - and better than with driver loaded. But did not the audio parts then - just the midi to use librarian and such.

Overall I trust drivers for midi interfaces better - those are for a specific product doing just that. So for regular midi functionality - I don't bother with usb from midi gear - just doing usb like for firmware updates, the librarian etc. Usb is just a sidetrack for Korg - not the main product like for a synth - so not so much attention to that part.

I only have windows 7 machines still - and managed getting to work for Prologue like this:
- uninstalled librarian and korg midi driver there before having the KK. They are conflicting and getting strange messages.
- installed current Korg midi driver
- Starting librarian I still got messages saying "Korg midi driver ws expected - want to upgrade?". A popup each start of librarian for Prologue.
- I could turn down the enforced upgrade thing they tried to force on me.

But then it worked.

- if you say yes to upgrade driver at popup - the old names for midi connections from KK was entered and only to choose from, if wanting to do setup dialog for midi in librarian.
- but keeping it on automatic still make it work with prologue.

Prologue give two midi ports
- prologue
- prologue[OUT]

If i said yes to do upgrade - those disappeared - but reappear for automatic connection starting librarian. Only ones I see is the names of KK midi ports.

So Korg driver not fully aware of different devices that use usb. And even worse the librarians does not recognize it's the Korg driver.

Some things I did anyway - if that gives clues how to proceed.
magname

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advises.
Switched back to the previous version of windows. It worked. Now back to latest. Still not able to work.
I've understood that I would need a USB midi host or even a virtual midibay to be able to use the prologue from my casio.
I hope Korg will fix this crazy issue.
Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: