Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distortion and tube drive - gain staging and volume jump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yul_2000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Distortion and tube drive - gain staging and volume jump Reply with quote

Hello! I am trying to find a way to balance out the above effects. There is a volume jump when using them which is somewhat a normal if you consider these as separate FX pedals. It is still hard to place them into presets because of possible volume jumps (the factory presets don't have any drive for example).

It looks like the distortion volume can be balanced by lowering the pre-distortion amp knob as the effect will remain more or less the same. Does this make sense to you?

Now the tube drive is much trickier as the pre-tube amp volume does affect the quality of the drive. If you want a drive effect to a medium intensity, then the boost, and drive level can somewhat be balanced out to a similar volume at the end without tweaking the master volume. To get to a high tube drive, the master volume know needs to be lowered and this can't be saved in a preset..

I haven't seen much discussion here about this but would like to find out how others are using it (if at all).

Thanks
noguud

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yul. I don’t gig, so I just manage levels as needed with the master volume if I’m using the tube drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: