Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos going out of tune/Sustaining unwantingly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikesax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Kronos going out of tune/Sustaining unwantingly Reply with quote

Has anyone else’s Kronos just start not cutting off sounds and also going out of tune!? The sustain pedal isn’t activated and you can head it start to loosen up after a long time of playing it until double golds do many times and just doesn’t cut off. And these are horn stabs at that. Then the keyboard forgets what intonation is! I thought it was the pitch wheel but this is on TWO SEPARATE KRONOS. And it’s only only certain sounds. PLS HELP!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos going out of tune/Sustaining unwantingly Reply with quote

mikesax wrote:
Has anyone else’s Kronos just start not cutting off sounds and also going out of tune!? The sustain pedal isn’t activated and you can head it start to loosen up after a long time of playing it until double golds do many times and just doesn’t cut off. And these are horn stabs at that. Then the keyboard forgets what intonation is! I thought it was the pitch wheel but this is on TWO SEPARATE KRONOS. And it’s only only certain sounds. PLS HELP!

no, never had that happen.

Part of your post I don't follow ..' you can head it start to loosen up after a long time of playing it until double golds do many times '

Suggest you do a YouTube so we can see exactly what you are doing with your Kronos'.

In addition, more info is needed on your K's. Are they new ?
Certain sounds ? Are those 3rd party samples ?

Are your K's midi together ? Any other USB/midi devices connected ?
mikesax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some third party sounds ie sampled horns but some stock sounds as well. The “loosen up” part was referring to the sustain, attack, or “after-touch feel” starting to happen and gradually getting worse creating a continuing sound as if my sustain pedal is activated until I switch patches and/or reboot. Sounds also start to detune. Kronos 1st generations. One isn’t mine. I’m borrowing to figure out the problem. I do have a M-Audio Keystation MK3 61 usb/midi to my Kronos and also a Nano-pad. Apologies for the confusing section I posted.
mikesax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adjusting polarity of sus pedal and global settings to Korg Standard (don’t know how that happened) it seems the controls sound issue is fixed. I’ll be replacing the joystick in my Kronos for the 4th time (I beat the s**t out of it activating Leslie and equipment being stacked on case improperly has made that area very vulnerable to issues with tuning in the past. Hopefully this’ll fix all
mikesax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adjusting polarity of sus pedal and global settings to Korg Standard (don’t know how that happened) it seems the controls sound issue is fixed. I’ll be replacing the joystick in my Kronos for the 4th time (I beat the s**t out of it activating Leslie and equipment being stacked on case improperly has made that area very vulnerable to issues with tuning in the past. Hopefully this’ll fix all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: