Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Polychain Prologue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DustyVinegar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Polychain Prologue? Reply with quote

I know the premise of this might seem ridiculous since the prologue already has at least 8 voices of polyphony or 16 if you have that version of the keyboard, but due to a strange turn of events, I have found myself in the position of having two prologue 8 voices. I was hoping i could polychain it with my second prologue 8. I know polychaining is a feature of the Minilogue XD so I was hoping this feature would be available on the prologue as well; however, it doesn not appear as an option anywhere in the Global settings. I have played around with using the second one as a controller for the first one with four channels running into a mixer (stereo from each device) and have gotten some pretty massive sounds, but it is still effectively 8 voices of polyphony, just with 6 oscillators per voice. Polychaining does not seem to be part of the firmware, but I was hoping someone might know of a workaround or maybe someone at korg will see this and add it as a feature to the next firmware update.
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your setup if a computer is involved there are simple midi plugins that spread polyphony over many midi channels - doing that.

I use it to create brass section for one - so a chord play trumpet and trombone with right hand and saxophone with left hand.

So if you are doing subtimbres you setup to do 4 voices on midi channel 1 and four on midi channel 2 - if it's massive you are going for.

And you sent program change on both midi channel 1 and 2 for them to sync and similar.

And you play through software in computer which might be a daw.

Or just sell one 8 voice and get a 16voice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: