Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer WASP Deluxe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Behringer WASP Deluxe Reply with quote

Although I knew about the WASP synthesizer I was not familiar with its sound, and so the introduction of the Behringer WASP Deluxe left me feeling like 'another mono synth'.
Until I saw the introduction video from Behringer: I love the sound and timbral variety the WASP offers, and I understand the enthusiasm some have for that filter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1ZVneWYmWk
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: wasp... differant!! Reply with quote

wasp... differant!!
humm
what would it be like to stack a few of them..
and then do effects...
might be cool in the midi chain!!
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Warp drive Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFDhz2_sJgM

Not sure what this is about?????
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never understood the hype over the WASP, alls you need is its filter really, the rest is fairly hohum. I feel you can do a WASP sound with a MicroFreak and it has a touch capacitive keyboard which completes the quirkiness of the original EDP synth. But if Behringer want to complete their clone army, the WASP is needed.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
iowagold
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: wasp, yea just another in the list of differant look Reply with quote

wasp, yea just another in the list of differant look
if you had several of them they might beat against each others wave to make something...

but then again... radias is a better box... or even 4 of the model d units stacked..
I had my head phones on...the wasp sounded thin... unless it was jut the production recording of the demo...
but that was a behringer promo demo....

if I was them I would to have done a few sounds with the bare unit..
then do the rest with a 2000 behringer effects unit in the audio chain...
and then stack a few of the wasp units!!
get the multi tone thing working...

it just sounded like a basic one osc unit...
I did not catch a price on the unit yet..
if they were lets say 150.00 each then you could get 4 of them for 600.00
add in a 2000 effects unit for 200.00
yea a single radias rack sounds better to me...
at least for the money...
Current Gear: korg m3 expanded radias firewire 88 key Radias r on mat, korg radias r on mat on 61 key bed, Korg triton rack w 96mb ram scsi port, 5) korg RADIAS-R on big rack, korg kaossilator pro plus, 6) roland integra7, 4 Roland sc55, 2 roland sb55, 5) fostex 2016, behringer fx2000, 2) roland a800 pro, 2) roland a88 and 2) a49, roland juno, Doepfer MAQ 16/3, 2 Manikin Electronic Schrittmacher, most soft synths. cake walk all old and new versions.
3 schecter guitars, 3 elevenracks, most mxr effects, 2 zoom r24, avid pro tools 11.
MRT midi Breath Controller. 6 studio rooms.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Warp drive Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:

Maybe a polyphonic version of the D?

While it does not have the fatness of the model D I would not describe the sound of the WASP as ‘thin’. I quite like it, but if someone is interested in the filter only then the Doepfer WASP filter module would be a better choice (and a cheaper one).
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject: Re: Warp drive Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
RKfan wrote:

Maybe a polyphonic version of the D?

While it does not have the fatness of the model D I would not describe the sound of the WASP as ‘thin’. I quite like it, but if someone is interested in the filter only then the Doepfer WASP filter module would be a better choice (and a cheaper one).

Yeah it's not thin but not anything that isn't doable with other synths. Its character definitely comes from the filter. I've looked into getting a Doepher WASP filter, for some reason they are cheaper than any of their other filters. There was a Mode Machines WASP filter box with an LFO on it. It's discontinued now but last I looked (about a year ago) there is a good amount of new old stock around.

I like how the video has the employee saying he thinks they could be releasing too many synths. Nice to see the company are aware of their public image.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://assets.amuniversal.com/6c5b8bc0d2a00137c723005056a9545d
RKfan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Poly D Reply with quote

RKfan wrote:

Now I get it: Poly D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lx-9mLB1V0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: