Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

They say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject: They say "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"!! Reply with quote

Hi all

Just a bit of trivia....

I have been living out of a suitcase for 8 weeks with no keyboards!! Had to put my band on hold.

Well, 2 days ago I fetched my PA4X and a pair of headphones to try and ease my withdrawal symptoms!!

What a blast! It was like playing it for the first time.
The thing that fascinates me is that I find outstanding useable styles amongst the genres I don't much care for.

Have you played EVERY style yet?

Cheers

Pete Very Happy Cool
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same with sounds, when you find a sound and think that would never work with another sound, and it sounds great.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's the same with sounds, when you find a sound and think that would never work with another sound, and it sounds great.

+1000
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete,
Sorry to hear that you have been living out of a suitcase for
such a long period.
Dare we ask the reason for this ? House extension, etc ?
I sincerely hope it's potentially good news for this temporary
change to your normal living routine.
Chris
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karmathanever

I'm happy to read that you are on the road again.-
About your feelings, it's simply as: "you love your instrument".-

Long time ago, seen some videos of Jordan Rudess presenting Kronos, he said, that any musician must feel love for his instrument (in our case Keyboard), as a condition to get the best of it and produce the best music anyone can.- I really feel that when i got my Kronos and also with my PA4x.-

Again, happy to read your topics again.-
With regards.
Eduardo
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling your pain, Pete.

When we go to the east coast for Christmas for 10 days or so, I'm chomping at the bit to get back to my Pa3x. Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
such a long period.
Dare we ask the reason for this ?

Oh!! Just unexpected delays relating to our moving house. Sorry - didn't mean it to sound dramatic!!!

Eduardo_Arg wrote:

Yes indeed - music has done so much for me throughout my life from my very first Premier drum kit and my first Casio MT45 keyboard.
Followed by many years with Yamahas and Rolands and then the revolutionary Korgs - loved every one of them.
So so much pleasure from all of this.

And now, together with all of that, I have all the great people to share with on our forums.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
bensel46

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Pete.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know about the others here but I am mightily impressed.

Moving house and being able to find the keyboard within 8 weeks.

Yep very impressed.
Bill1983

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: I could not do it.......... Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
such a long period.

Oh!! Just unexpected delays relating to our moving house. Sorry - didn't mean it to sound dramatic!!!

Eduardo_Arg wrote:

Yes indeed - music has done so much for me throughout my life from my very first Premier drum kit and my first Casio MT45 keyboard.
Followed by many years with Yamahas and Rolands and then the revolutionary Korgs - loved every one of them.

And now, together with all of that, I have all the great people to share with on our forums.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Hi Guys,

I don't say a lot. The info many of you provide is priceless but this really caught my eye. Life without a PA or any Keyboard isn't life IMHO. By age 14, in 1972, I'd was lucky enough (some say unlucky) to be selected by an incredible instructor with one condition, I had to help him maintain several pipe organs in churches in exchange for having the privilege to practice and learn to play THE FIRST ARRANGER KEYBOARD which was built in the 1920's by Wurlitzer. By 1976 I was doing shows and concerts. Today I'm 60 plus and down to a PA4x, an 88 Key Controller, a High end DAW that I use real-time driven by my PA4x, and a Studiologic Pedal board.
Thank the heavens for KORG and the PA4x. It used to be much more difficult.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14-4fpajq3EQKHiqDyR7zjtMDPqyI5faI
Imagine 20 ms of latency with your right hand and half or less with your left. All due to wiring, relays, solenoids, pipe size and the real player piano, xylophone, marimba and drum set all robotic ally controlled and integrated into the keyboards and pedal boards of the organ console. I do not miss those days but I would go crazy without my PA4x and other associated toys.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Bill1983

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: I could not do it.......... Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
such a long period.

Eduardo_Arg wrote:

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Hi Guys,

I don't say a lot. The info many of you provide is priceless but this really caught my eye. Life without a PA or any Keyboard isn't life IMHO. By age 14, in 1972, I'd was lucky enough (some say unlucky) to be selected by an incredible instructor with one condition, I had to help him maintain several pipe organs in churches in exchange for having the privilege to practice and learn to play THE FIRST ARRANGER KEYBOARD which was built in the 1920's by Wurlitzer. By 1976 I was doing shows and concerts. Today I'm 60 plus and down to a PA4x, an 88 Key Controller, a High end DAW that I use real-time driven by my PA4x, and a Studiologic Pedal board.
Thank the heavens for KORG and the PA4x. It used to be much more difficult.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14-4fpajq3EQKHiqDyR7zjtMDPqyI5faI
Imagine 20 ms of latency with your right hand and half or less with your left. All due to wiring, relays, solenoids, pipe size and the real player piano, xylophone, marimba and drum set all robotic ally controlled and integrated into the keyboards and pedal boards of the organ console. I do not miss those days but I would go crazy without my PA4x and other associated toys.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Great story Bill 1983. I'm of a similar age to you (64). I don't have your talent (to play professionally) but have always had an interest in keyboards. I have a few instruments, PA4X, Viscount Legend organ, Roland bass pedals and a Roland RD2000 digital piano (I use it with Pianoteq and my absolute favourite Ravenscroft 275). As we get older there seems to be just that little bit more cash available for the 'luxuries' in life !! Very Happy
That said, despite my limited playing ability I seem to get endless enjoyment from playing as a hobby. Going to the 'music room' for half an hour tends to end up being more like three hours once I get engrossed. There is a part of me that likes the fact I'm a hobbyist as if I was a professional, perhaps some of the fun would disappear (once it becomes a job).

Pete,
We have had our house on the market since July this year here in London. unfortunately the market has totally dried up partly due to Brexit uncertainty and also the prices here have gone through the roof. I don't know how younger people can affford to buy. That said, I'm fairly happy to stay put until things improve. I had to pack the Roland RD2000 away in storage but the PA4X and the organ is staying put until we actually move.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: