Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home made RG Kaoss Guitar!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Future_Difficulty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Home made RG Kaoss Guitar! Reply with quote

I've always been intrigued by the RGKP6 Electric Guitar. An Ibanez electric guitar and a Kaoss Pad, yes please! I found the official one to be a bit lacking though. It's expensive, only has a mini kaoss pad, and the touch screen is not quite where I would want it while playing the guitar.

So I had an old Kaoss pad 2 with a broken touch screen lying around, why not combine it with an electric guitar?

I then found a cheap(10$) electric guitar at a thrift shop that I didn't mind cutting up for this project.

I then ordered a new touch screen for the Kaoss pad 2. I got one that has a connector for the ribbon cable that transfers to 4 wires. I got that so that I could solder the wires to the points on the Kaoss Pads circuit board. While the Kaoss pad circuit boards were out of the body I drilled three holes through the case for wood screws to hold it onto the guitars body. I then cut the bottom corner of the electric guitars body off to make a flat mounting spot for the Kaoss Pad. I then attached the Kaoss pad case to the guitar body and put the circuit boards back in.

And voila! Home made Kaoss Guitar.

AdamBurgess1337

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Need your advice on where to get a custom guitar. Apologies for bumping the thread.
YvonneClark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries about bumping the thread. We're here to help! If you're on the lookout for a custom guitar, there are a few cool places you can check out. Some popular options include HaloGuitars, Fender Custom Shop, and Jackson Custom Shop. I'm new here, but I heard these places have some awesome choices. Also, if you're into Irish music, you might want to find a guitar that fits that style. Just my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: