Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A great old Yes Song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: A great old Yes Song Reply with quote

I just love seeing Rick Wakeman playing his Kronos' live. Makes me happy that I have one!
Hope you enjoy this:

https://youtu.be/Rvr_Qcf4NjM
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
IAA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...it’s great, he’s got a nice tone out of the Kronos organ, the distortion sounds better than stock, I wonder what he’s using??
DavyP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Rick Wakeman - AWR Rig Reply with quote

IAA wrote:
...it’s great, he’s got a nice tone out of the Kronos organ, the distortion sounds better than stock, I wonder what he’s using??

This might be of interest?

Rick Wakeman - ARW Rig Tour Part 1
https://youtu.be/BQNWiCqFJaw

Rick Wakeman - ARW Rig Tour Part 2
https://youtu.be/02WmK__ELwU
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself extremely lucky that my JD-800 does NOT suffer "red-glue" syndrome. I bought a replacement keybed from Roland not too long after I got the JD800 back in the 90's, I think they had the problem sorted out, and it is still going strong today.

BTW, I also had the JD990 - the supposed "module" version, but it was nowhere near as satisfying. The JD-800 is equivalent to four monstrous independent polyphonic digital synths, with an additional layer for drum sounds. I considered selling it for a while but nothing sounds quite like it!
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
yeskeys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a lover of all things Yes...
I know I posted this a while back, but I started a prog cover band in around 2007 - this vid is from my final gig back in 2012. It's Roundabout/The Fish/back to Roundabout. During the Fish all four of us played bass.
The Fish goes from 3:15 to about 6:00.
My JD-800 has a cameo right before 6:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwPF6sdiJs

I loved being able to play this music, we did Changes, Love Will Find a Way, Starship Trooper, and a ton of other prog staples. Looking back on this stuff really makes me appreciate all the hard work it took and the hundred or so shows we played.

I was just diagnosed with cancer, and while I probably have a decent shot at beating it, I won't find out until Monday what my prognosis is or how bad it could be. Wish me luck!
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
I consider myself extremely lucky that my JD-800 does NOT suffer "red-glue" syndrome. I bought a replacement keybed from Roland not too long after I got the JD800 back in the 90's, I think they had the problem sorted out, and it is still going strong today.

BTW, I also had the JD990 - the supposed "module" version, but it was nowhere near as satisfying. The JD-800 is equivalent to four monstrous independent polyphonic digital synths, with an additional layer for drum sounds. I considered selling it for a while but nothing sounds quite like it!

The Jv880 was my first synth. I had all the voice crystal sound cards.
I am nostalgic for the JD-990 [ to include the extra waveforms].

I will have to watch for a JD-800 on my local CL
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
As a lover of all things Yes...
I know I posted this a while back, but I started a prog cover band in around 2007 - this vid is from my final gig back in 2012. It's Roundabout/The Fish/back to Roundabout. During the Fish all four of us played bass.
The Fish goes from 3:15 to about 6:00.
My JD-800 has a cameo right before 6:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWwPF6sdiJs

I loved being able to play this music, we did Changes, Love Will Find a Way, Starship Trooper, and a ton of other prog staples. Looking back on this stuff really makes me appreciate all the hard work it took and the hundred or so shows we played.

I was just diagnosed with cancer, and while I probably have a decent shot at beating it, I won't find out until Monday what my prognosis is or how bad it could be. Wish me luck!

Hey, I really enjoyed that video. Up to the playing standards of Yes,which is some statement. I'm impressed. I don;t have the chops to do Rick Wakeman, so kudos to you, and the whole band was playing tight.

Really loved the four basses on the fish. RIP Squire he was an amazing bass player and still my number one. Your bass player is pulling off his playing with ease.

Sorry to hear your news, and hope you get a good "prog-nosis" on Monday.

On the main topic, the only thing to watch out for with Wakeman's rig is that just because he is playing at a keyboard (unless it is one of his Minis) it doesn't mean to say that that board is the one making the sound.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
yeskeys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Derek...
you do realize that I'm the balding guitar player, not the hair farmer keyboard player....

Appreciate your kind remarks,
Eric
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
Thanks Derek...
you do realize that I'm the balding guitar player, not the hair farmer keyboard player....

Appreciate your kind remarks,
Eric

Err, with a name like "yeskeys" it led me astray! Shocked Shocked

Still a great performance from all.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: