Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG PA900 VOICE RECORDING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minstrels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: KORG PA900 VOICE RECORDING Reply with quote

I am struggling to record a vocal over an already recorded midi file. Can anyone tell me if this is actually possible on the pa900 ? Not getting it clearly from the manual Sad
valio7771

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi minstrels !

You cannot record a vocal (or any audio part) track inside a midi file and still saving it back as a midi file. But you can record yourself (or anyone else) singing on top of the midi file that is being played from the keyboard, but it need to be saved as a .mp3
It is very easy to do:

Select the midi file that you want to record the vocal track with it, and put it in either of the both song players.

Press Shift and Record buttons below the screen together and you'll see a 'MP3 Record' window pop up on the screen. From it you'll be choosing the quality of the mp3 and where do you like the file to be saved when done recording.

Press the red Rec button on the bottom of that window and start the player in which you've put the selected midi file.
Everything that is played through the keyboard and the audio input, will be recorded live by the PA900.

Once done, simply press Stop button on the screen and you will be presented to a screen from where you can name the song you've just recorded and Save the recording if you're happy with the result.

Let me know if you need more help !

Cheers
minstrels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! I will give this a try when I get home. Sounds clearer than I have heard it explained before.😃
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to record my vocal to played mp3 file but it wasn't possible because whenever I pushed the play button to start mp3 file an then wanted to stard recording (eec procedure wasn't possible) The rec button was grey out.

What is more the same procedure works like a harm in Korg pa4x.
Does anyone has any idea how to solve this problem ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: