Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought a like-new MS-1 but stereo isn’t working.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcdj

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject: Bought a like-new MS-1 but stereo isn’t working. Reply with quote

Got a lightly used Microsampler on Reverb.

When I plug a 1/8” jack into my iPhone, which splits into L/R 1/4”, a stereo track is getting turned into mono. And the bass is cancelled out. If I pull out either the left or right 1/4” input, the bass returns, but it’s still mono.

I’ve tried two Y cables and 2 sources. Same issue with all combos.

I took the keyboard to a repair shop here in Chicago and they have informed me via text that they can’t find anything wrong with it. I’m going to speak to them tomorrow on the phone but I wanted to ask here...

Is this behavior normal? Am I totally misunderstanding stereo recording? The cables I’m using are the same ones I can successfully use to plug my phone into my home stereo and get stereo music as expected.

I’ve double checked the sampling setup on the keyboard and I know it defaults to mono but I’ve changed it to stereo in a couple of different places in the UI.

SO CONFUSED. Can anyone weigh in?

Thanks.
slug

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Bought a like-new MS-1 but stereo isn’t working. Reply with quote

mcdj wrote:
When I plug a 1/8” jack into my iPhone, which splits into L/R 1/4”, a stereo track is getting turned into mono.

So you are connecting from your phone socket by a 3.5mm TRS jack, but you have here said "L/R 1/4" which is not a term I have heard used. Usually this breakout would be either a stereo TRS, or 2 x 1/4" mono jacks.

mcdj wrote:

And the bass is cancelled out. If I pull out either the left or right 1/4” input, the bass returns, but it’s still mono.
I’ve tried two Y cables and 2 sources. Same issue with all combos.

Sounds like classic phase cancellation due to wrong cable/plugs.

You need to also set the record mode of MicroSAMPLER to be stereo if it is currently set to mono.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: