Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving the centre of the keyboard in relation to pitch.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalmick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Moving the centre of the keyboard in relation to pitch. Reply with quote

This is probably a stupid question but is there a way to change the centre point of my Kronos 61 so that instead of C3 being in the centre it can be say C4? I am playing some sounds in the left hand on my mother keyboard and I want to play a sax lead on the Kronos. Trouble is they overlap and I dont want to play the rhythm sounds any lower on the mother. If I could shift the centre key to C4 I could leave a gap and still have two complete octaves left to play the sax. At present if I tune up the sax an octave I dont have enough notes on the top keyboard. I notice that on the Midi Velocity Zone page in Combination mode there are greyed out notes either side of the actual position of the keyboard so it suggests that it is possible. Cool
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving the centre of the keyboard in relation to pitch. Reply with quote

metalmick wrote:
This is probably a stupid question but is there a way to change the centre point of my Kronos 61 so that instead of C3 being in the centre it can be say C4? I am playing some sounds in the left hand on my mother keyboard and I want to play a sax lead on the Kronos. Trouble is they overlap and I dont want to play the rhythm sounds any lower on the mother. If I could shift the centre key to C4 I could leave a gap and still have two complete octaves left to play the sax. At present if I tune up the sax an octave I dont have enough notes on the top keyboard. I notice that on the Midi Velocity Zone page in Combination mode there are greyed out notes either side of the actual position of the keyboard so it suggests that it is possible. Cool

I can't exactly tell, it seems like you are thinking of a default quick split assignment ?

Anyway , its best to work in combi mode, tabs are
Midifilter/Zone
keyboard Zone

set your mapping of your 2 instruments there

Go to Timbre Paramater/pitch to manage transpose
metalmick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to do it another way. I detuned the rhthym patches on the Kronos down two octaves and then transposed my mother up two octaves thereby pushing those sounds right down the kronos leaving 3 octaves for me to play the sax part at the top. Sorted! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: