Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos 32 Bit connecting to 64 Bit DAW

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scohof

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject: Korg Kronos 32 Bit connecting to 64 Bit DAW Reply with quote

Hello, I am trying to connect my Korg Kronos to Studio One 4.5 as a VST Plug in. The 32 Bit Korg does not communicate other than as a Midi Key Board to this DAW or any other 64 Bit DAW.

Does anyone know if Korg is working that or there is another workaround? Hard to believe Korg would leave one of their flagship keyboards in that state.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos 32 Bit connecting to 64 Bit DAW Reply with quote

scohof wrote:
Hello, I am trying to connect my Korg Kronos to Studio One 4.5 as a VST Plug in. The 32 Bit Korg does not communicate other than as a Midi Key Board to this DAW or any other 64 Bit DAW.

Does anyone know if Korg is working that or there is another workaround? Hard to believe Korg would leave one of their flagship keyboards in that state.

Nobody knows what Korg is working on, except....Korg engineers themselves !!

A Kronos VST plugin doesn't exist, be in 32 or 64 bits.

Kronos is transmitting and receiving MIDI CC, Sysex, and of course MIDI Notes. What is your goal ? What do you intend to do with a "Kronos VST" ?

Last edited by Liviou2004 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using jbridge to mount the 32bit vst in 64bit. For protools use BlueCat audio patchwork and then load jbridge from inside patchwork and then kronos editor. Not sure if it will work but it seems like your best bet. I dont have a kronos to test it with but in theory it should work.
popmann

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos 32 Bit connecting to 64 Bit DAW Reply with quote

scohof wrote:

So, what you really mean is that the Korg DRIVER for the audio interface portion is 32bit. It's irrelevant what the OS of the Kronos itself is...the problem is that Apple has yanked ALL 32bit code at any level from Catalina.

Do I think they'll hire someone to write a new driver? Yes. But, I'd argue it's not as useful as some people might think. I wouldn't hold it against them if they said "Apple screwed us--take your issues up with them".
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos 32 Bit connecting to 64 Bit DAW Reply with quote

popmann wrote:
[

Do I think they'll hire someone to write a new driver? Yes. But, I'd argue it's not as useful as some people might think. I wouldn't hold it against them if they said "Apple screwed us--take your issues up with them".

there are numerous things that Korg " Should " or " could " do for Kronos.

Over the 8 yrs, they have answered the call on some.

Since Kronos is not DAW friendly, I am skeptical about 64 bit solution.

My guess is that are moving along in other directions. We will see some clues at January NAMM is my guess.
scohof

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Engineering did respond to a direct question and they are "working" on a 64 bit editor for the Kronos but no idea when that may happen. The Kronos as it stands works really well with Sonar but I am switching to Pro Tools and while it is reading the instrument file in the midi track I have yet to be able to control the Kronos from the DAW with Pro Tools. I hope it is something I am doing and if anyone has a thought let me know. If I hear more on the 64 bit editor I will advise.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scohof wrote:
Korg Engineering did respond to a direct question and they are "working" on a 64 bit editor for the Kronos but no idea when that may happen. The Kronos as it stands works really well with Sonar but I am switching to Pro Tools and while it is reading the instrument file in the midi track I have yet to be able to control the Kronos from the DAW with Pro Tools. I hope it is something I am doing and if anyone has a thought let me know. If I hear more on the 64 bit editor I will advise.

Thank you for keeping us updated. it’s good to know that they are “working” …

You might know that Kronos Editor is an outsourced software project, and 64-bit version of Midi Quest 12, fully Cocoa compliant has already been released.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: