Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genesis Tony Banks sounds on Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Joe, very Banks dominated, but could you imagine the album without Hackett's playing, like Blood on the Rooftops? From memory I think "Unquiet Slumbers" and "In that Quiet Earth" where Hackett compositions.

And of course he then moved on and gave us "Please Don't Touch" and "Spectral Mornings" which are two of my favourites of his and better then where Genesis went afterwards.

Hackett's new album "At the Edge of Light" shows he is still on top of his game.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
HermanR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! I've just read all this thread, great stuff. And since it touched on many topics not strictly related to the Kronos, I won't feel bad for asking this two questions:

1) Arp Quadra: a friend of mine has the Kontakt instrument and I downloaded the Reaktor ensemble, but I still can't get any classic Banks sound with either. My favourite is the Behind The Lines brassy pad. Did anyone got close to that one? any Genesis patches out there?

2) Having owned many excellent CP70 sampled instruments and even a real CP70 at one point, I never nailed the chorused sound used both by Tony and Peter Gabriel. For, say, Duke I get close using the CE-1 emulation on good old Guitar Rig 5. But for a sound like the one on Lead A Normal Life I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe on that one Peter used two different pedals hard panned left and right.

Any ideas?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HermanR wrote:
hi! I've just read all this thread, great stuff. And since it touched on many topics not strictly related to the Kronos, I won't feel bad for asking this two questions:

1) Arp Quadra: a friend of mine has the Kontakt instrument and I downloaded the Reaktor ensemble, but I still can't get any classic Banks sound with either. My favourite is the Behind The Lines brassy pad. Did anyone got close to that one? any Genesis patches out there?

2) Having owned many excellent CP70 sampled instruments and even a real CP70 at one point, I never nailed the chorused sound used both by Tony and Peter Gabriel. For, say, Duke I get close using the CE-1 emulation on good old Guitar Rig 5. But for a sound like the one on Lead A Normal Life I'm not getting anywhere. Maybe on that one Peter used two different pedals hard panned left and right.

Any ideas?

Hi

Cannot help on #1, bit for #2, I have mentioned above that the best I have gotten is Pianoteq modelled piano and the free CP70 model, which along with the inbuilt chorus sounds pretty "Tony Banks" to me.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HermanR wrote:

Any ideas?

Hi

Cannot help on #1, bit for #2, I have mentioned above that the best I have gotten is Pianoteq modelled piano and the free CP70 model, which along with the inbuilt chorus sounds pretty "Tony Banks" to me.

My Echoes Music Website
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: number 1 from Herman R
I've had this for years that I haul out every once in a while for fun.
Created by Ray Pitt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AePgN1IlIss

Might be able to buy it from his site still.
https://www.synthmagic.co.uk/quadra.html#detailssq

for Kontakt as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: