Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

user drum kits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric2800

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject: user drum kits Reply with quote

Just bought PA700. Awesome board but can be complicated. This was my second day getting used to it. Think I have learned alot. I downloaded some piano samples and osimo (I think thats the correct spelling).

Here's my main issue at the moment. So I edited a style and put it in a user bank. I edited a drumkit and saved it to a user bank. And they are there. So then I set the lower instrument on keyboard to my custom drumkit. But the kit that plays is not my custom one. I don't know what is playing. Some drumkit but not mine. The key mapping is wrong too. In my custom kit the F key is a low tom but playing that key is a cymbal when in style mode.

If anyone can help Thanks.
eric2800
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric

Please read this thread

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=119907
eric2800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Biggles,

Alright, I had looked at that post of yours and it along with others here have helped a great deal in learning. I have isolated it to just the drumkit. So custom and user stuff shouldn't matter. Ok so when I switch the lower sound in a stock style to a stock drum kit and play that kit below the split point at the first F on keyboard it is a high pitched percussion like a cymbal. But when I go to sound editor and don't change anything just hit the F it says lower tom and sounds like a tom. Hoping someone can help.Maybe I am completely lost on the sound editing but I am not editing, just hitting the key to play it.

Also I just tried unlocking styles and copying and reedit the style but same thing happens.

Thanks
eric2800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continued working through the manual and I think the problem is to do with the key mapping of a drum kit in sound mode edit to the lower track in a style. What resource is there for editing a drum kit and putting it in a style?

Thanks,
Eric
eric2800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I will try to explain better and concisely. If I have a user drumkit in sound mode and go to menu -> drumkit to edit but I do not edit it. I just look at the key assignments. I hit the keys that map to sounds but again don't edit it. Now when I go to style with that same kit as the lower track on keyboard and it is there, The keys map to some other sound. Only the lowest C and D have a real kick bass sound. This happens even in a factory style and drumkit. In other words I don't understand what the key assignments mean in the sound edit mode if they don't correspond to the keys when it becomes a lower instrument. I think that is the issue.
eric2800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all about the key mappings I put my custom kit as the upper with no split. The drums from kit play from a key an octave higher. Don't know how to map it to keys I want. Probably complicated. But if anyone knows that would be great.

Also how do you save a style as song or what is best way?

Other than that I think I have a learned quite a bit and hoping to do something productive in coming days.
eric2800

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright figured it out. LOL

In the style hit on the lower track on keyboard hit menu and go to tuning page and chande octave down to 0 and the kit will play just like in sound and will lose the higher drumkit sounds. The whole time I was just losing the lower keys of drumkit. Didn't have much drums, mostly cymbals and high pitched percussion.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you figured it out.

I may be totally wrong but I presume that the PA’s are programmed by Techs rather than actual Musicians hence a slightly different mindset application can help to resolve an actual or perceived problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: