Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microkorg always enters write protect mode :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astralpilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: microkorg always enters write protect mode :( Reply with quote

hello dear people!

i just bought an old microkorg off ebay and have the problem that after turning it on, it always shows 'bat.'. i then can not edit almost anything and it doesn't let me turn off write protect.

after selecting the write protect mode with shift + 8 i turn knob 1 but nothing happens in the display. also other functions can not be changed with the knobs.

i tried with a replacement power adapter but also with fresh batteries - both the same result, so i guess it's not the power adapter. after kicking out bat with shift, i can play the stored patches without problem and also access through midi - so it seems everything else works just fine.

what am i doing wrong or where do i have to search for a solution?
anybody had the same issue?

really would like to tweak that little monster Smile
thanks in advance for you help!!!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sounds like a board problem...

It is normal that when BAT. is indicated that write protect mode goes on automatically and that you can not edit anymore. It is like a sort of protection for you to avoid just making a new patch and not able to save it properly anymore because your batteries are running low.

Now the fact that you get this also with the power supply is not normal. It looks like the circuit for detecting the input voltage is broken and does not pass the information correctly anymore to the main CPU. your little monster needs some surgery...

Bye.
astralpilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp wrote:
Hi,

Sounds like a board problem...

It is normal that when BAT. is indicated that write protect mode goes on automatically and that you can not edit anymore. It is like a sort of protection for you to avoid just making a new patch and not able to save it properly anymore because your batteries are running low.

Now the fact that you get this also with the power supply is not normal. It looks like the circuit for detecting the input voltage is broken and does not pass the information correctly anymore to the main CPU. your little monster needs some surgery...

Bye.

hi OpAmp,

thanks for your answer!
i hoped it could be something else, but yeah, now i will try to find a surgeon :S
hope this goes with my budget...

cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: