Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about KApro EXS-19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rod_proteus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Question about KApro EXS-19 Reply with quote

Hello guys...

Well, I have a Kronos 2 and I was reading about the KApro EXS-19, and in the info says that it is free for Kronos 2 users.

My question is : Is this library already installed on the kronos 2 (from factory)?.. or must I to download it for free ?

Thanks...

Last edited by rod_proteus on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Purgatory

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about KApro EXS-19 Reply with quote

rod_proteus wrote:
Hello guys...

Well, I have a Kronos 2 and I was reading about the KApro EXS-19, and in the info says that it is free for Kronos 2 users.

My question is : This library is already installed on the kronos 2 ?.. or must I to download it for free ?

Thanks...

Register your Kronos here :-

https://shop.korg.com/Kronos/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fregisterKronos

Then you can download it and get the authorization code for it, for free of course. You will see the other paid for and other free downloads (Sound Libraries) there too.

While logged in to the Kronos shop select the EXs 19 or click here for it :-

http://shop.korg.com/Kronos/EXS-19

Add to basket and check out for free and it will add code to your kronos section the authorization code to use when you download the demo from the same link, the demos is the full version but will cut in and out without the code to make it a full version.

Once you install the demo, read how to authorize the demo file so it works in full mode without it cutting in and out. It's easy. Hint Global section.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Question about KApro EXS-19 Reply with quote

rod_proteus wrote:
My question is : This library is already installed on the kronos 2 ?

To see if you have it already installed on your Kronos, in disk mode check if you have a KApro folder. If so, open it and you should see a subfolder called EXs19 KApro's Private Collection. Otherwise, simply install it for free as previously mentioned. Another easy test is to try some programs which use that library. Examples of words to type in program mode to find EXs19 related programs :

EXs49
Recit Organ
Positive Organ
Arpeggio Fun

If you have these programs and they play, EXs19 is on your Kronos. If you see a Samples not loaded message, try to load them using the usual command from the top right menu.
rod_proteus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys !... Smile
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaaargh. Why do K2 owners get this free and original purchasers have to pay $49?

Sorry, I just don't understand this pricing model...

btw, I HAVE purchased several libraries from KARO/KAPro previously, this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Carry on....
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
aaaaargh. Why do K2 owners get this free and original purchasers have to pay $49?

Sorry, I just don't understand this pricing model...

btw, I HAVE purchased several libraries from KARO/KAPro previously, this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Carry on....

EXs19 is a 3rd party lib- by KaPro [ not Korg]

So its mostly KaPro's call. contact them. I could guess but the direct approach is more accurate.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, their stuff is excellent quality, I've purchased a few of their libraries as stated and it's all top notch. I just don't understand the logic, that's all. I think it's in KAPro's best interest to give it to everyone free - here's why:
Many EXS 19 programs are pulled from some of their other libraries. I installed the library in demo mode and actually found some of the Programs got me interested in these other libraries, which I would probably purchase. But I'm most likely not going to now because of the aforementioned bad taste.

Whine over. God knows I have decades of use ahead of me with what I already have. I should really be practicing and recording rather than getting GASed over new libraries.
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
Yeah, their stuff is excellent quality, I've purchased a few of their libraries as stated and it's all top notch. I just don't understand the logic, that's all. I think it's in KAPro's best interest to give it to everyone free - here's why:
Many EXS 19 programs are pulled from some of their other libraries. I installed the library in demo mode and actually found some of the Programs got me interested in these other libraries, which I would probably purchase. But I'm most likely not going to now because of the aforementioned bad taste.

Whine over. God knows I have decades of use ahead of me with what I already have. I should really be practicing and recording rather than getting GASed over new libraries.

You have a lot of gear- I guess you have 2 Kronos.

I err on the side of being minimal. Kronos is so deep , I found it an easy replacement for my prior M3, for example.

Its also easier to streamline music production to your music goal when less gear is involved. For example, my listening audience is not going to notice a diff between Kronos factory string section programs and several Ka-Pro string sections. IOW, I am choosey, or frugal.
Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:

I felt the same way when I first saw the different pricing of EXs-19 for the old vs new Kronos. But in their defense, I've considered why.

Korg contracted with KApro to include this library with the new Kronos. Therefore, buyers of a new Kronos are also paying for this as part of the price.

I agree that KApro sounds are expensive, but when comparing IMO, they are the highest quality. I remember hearing from another merchant that Kurt Ader of KApro invested about $60K in the project of recording one of the symphony orchestra's for the Epic Composer collection. So, I am very glad to see they have recently reduced all KApro libraries by 50% - much more affordable.
yeskeys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wondered how pissed these orchestral players are when they're contracted to recording sessions for sampling purposes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: