Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Farewell Friends

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prgtrdr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Farewell Friends Reply with quote

Yesterday I traded in my trusty Krome 61 for a MODX7. I have mixed feelings because the Krome has been so good to me for 7 years. It’s really a great keyboard, and I feel like I’ve wrung every bit of functionality from it—even getting it to do things it wasn’t designed for like playing my own custom multisamples (with Kromatic.) it never stopped working even once. And most of all, having this forum available with the wealth of information available and the smart people here have made owning the Krome a very good experience.

So why did I do it? The first reason is the sound. I heard the pianos and fell in love. To my ears they’re noticeably better than Korgs. The keyboard feels more solid compared to the looseness of the Krome keys. Also, I use a lot of sampled sounds and the ability to easily integrate them with the instrument is important for me. (Yes Kromatic is great but it’s a hack and that shows.) The Live Set feature duplicates something that is only available on Kronos, but is important for playing long gigs. And I’m pleasantly surprised by the level of online support from Yamaha, dozens of articles, videos, how-tos, etc., especially when compared to the paucity of info from Korg. (The episode of putting out a firmware update and not explaining why or what it does is kind of telling.)

I hope I’m not sounding overly critical, that’s not my intent. I understand why most of you will stick with the Krome, and I wish you well. And thanks so much for all the help you’ve provided over the years! I hope my contributions have been appreciated as well.

Bill
NatLife

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Farewell Friends Reply with quote

prgtrdr wrote:
Yesterday I traded in my trusty Krome 61 for a MODX7. I have mixed feelings because the Krome has been so good to me for 7 years. It’s really a great keyboard, and I feel like I’ve wrung every bit of functionality from it—even getting it to do things it wasn’t designed for like playing my own custom multisamples (with Kromatic.) it never stopped working even once. And most of all, having this forum available with the wealth of information available and the smart people here have made owning the Krome a very good experience.

So why did I do it? The first reason is the sound. I heard the pianos and fell in love. To my ears they’re noticeably better than Korgs. The keyboard feels more solid compared to the looseness of the Krome keys. Also, I use a lot of sampled sounds and the ability to easily integrate them with the instrument is important for me. (Yes Kromatic is great but it’s a hack and that shows.) The Live Set feature duplicates something that is only available on Kronos, but is important for playing long gigs. And I’m pleasantly surprised by the level of online support from Yamaha, dozens of articles, videos, how-tos, etc., especially when compared to the paucity of info from Korg. (The episode of putting out a firmware update and not explaining why or what it does is kind of telling.)

I hope I’m not sounding overly critical, that’s not my intent. I understand why most of you will stick with the Krome, and I wish you well. And thanks so much for all the help you’ve provided over the years! I hope my contributions have been appreciated as well.

Bill

i love how Krome sounds, but i hate how Korg support their clients(it's just NO OFFICIAL SUPPORT)...so maybe in the future i will sell the Krome and buy Modx too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: